VII

The winds of time blow faster as the hurtful cry of thy heart scream its own mournful song to the lives that we have lost.

Sasuke was never the same after the massacre, he had awoken in the hospital with Sakura beside him asleep. Her upper body rested upon the springy cotten bed as she sat on the uncomfortable wooden chair.  The young boy could only replay the scene over and over and over again.

The pure red substance of his parents blood stained his vision, all he could see was the red that seemed to last forever yet this pink haired girl still stayed by him.
Sasuke reached over and was about to touch Sakura's hair before her ivory toned skin gripped his hand so hard in a vicelike grip which made the young Uchiha cry out in pain.

"Itai! Sakura let go that hnnn" he groaned out as he narrowed his gaze at her. Her eyes were filled with something unknown, her eyes guarded and her brows furrowed. Blinking slowly she released his hand and he snatched it back soothing his now bruised hand.

"Gomen Uchiha-sama." Sakura stood up and dusted her clothes off before staring at him.
"Onto other matters Uchiha-sama the Uchiha district has been blocked off for clean up and all of that property is now in the Hokages hand. He will decide what to do with the district." Sakura had a clipboard open as she read the files. Flipping to his medical forms she listed off the injuries he had which were brain trauma and a few fractured bones.

Sasuke sat there listening half way. His home was now in the Hokage's hands and there was nothing he could do but HATE the man who murdered his clan.

Itachi

Uchiha.

"Uchiha-sama!" Sakura snapped, really not feeling the mood to have him only listen to her partway. "There are several apartments that can allow you to stay in until you become a ninja. The land owners have spoken already and will pay for you until you become a ninja to pay off rent." Sakura went on as she eyed the files.

"Why are you calling me that?" Sasuke growled out.

Sakura blinked as she spike slowly but painfully strict "you are of a higher status and should be respected, after all... it was you who taught me that." Sakura's eyes held a bit of malice and Sasuke froze.

"Ah..." he grumbled and sighed "what's the closest apartment near the academy?" He muttered making Sakura fold her arms.

"The nearest apartment would be the Applewood Inn where the rent is cheap but the place is slightly worn down." Sakura sighed as she walked over to the fruit bowl. Grabbing a sharp kunai and adding more chakra to her weights she started to peel the apples skin, cutting out the core and slicing the wedges to look like rabbits.

"Applewood inn it is then." Sasuke muttered as he got up. Sakura turned around just to see him start stripping himself of his hospital gown. Sakura stared at his shirtless body with a blank gaze as she held his clothes in one hand, the apples in the other hand.

"You are lacking in many places Uchiha-sama." Sakura addressed him making him grunt as he held a hand out for his clothes which she placed, the uchiha collared shirts, mesh wired shirt, baggy black pants, his weapon holster, and finally his ninja sandals.

Sasuke muttered a shorts thanks as he got changed in front of her observing her face for any sign of emotion. Finding none he sighed. Her face is empty just like most of the Uchiha clan members, if she only had black hair and eyes she would fit right in! Inwardly throwing his hands up.

Sighing Sasuke tied his weapon holster on and checked the clock. "Lets just go... to the academy.." Sasuke muttered as she bowed, pastel pink locks fluttering as she grabbed her things, The raven haired boy walked out as she followed at a certain distance.

"Did you he.."

"Awful Uchiha-sa.."

"Who could have done i..."

"Poor boy..."

"Such a sad thing..."

Whispers rise among them and Sasuke clenched his fist as he stomped ahead making the pink haired girl raise a perfect eyebrow. She followed him out of the hospital as they both headed to the academy.

When the both got there the first one to greet the Pink haired blossom was a bright sun kissed blonde.

"Sakura-chaaaan!!" Naruto bellowed as he almost tackled her if it wasn't for her fast reflexes, side stepping out of the way she looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Yes Naruto?" She tilted her head making him pout. Noticing Sasuke he pointed

"Why are you going to school with him?" He muttered.

Sakura sighed as she watched Sasuke stiffen "it is because he...has lost something dear to him." Sakura bent down to pull Naruto up as she patted his head.
"Maybe you will understand one day."

"Why would I ever lost something dear to me? I can't because I have you right Sakura-chan?" He gave a goofy smile and she hid a smile with a slight inclination of her head.

Ruffling his hair she walked ahead of them towards the academy where Sasuke stood waiting by the doors, soon enough Naruto caught up to her and interlocked their arms making him smile happily.

Somethings just never change now do they?