The Party

Phil's POV:

I stopped the car and we all climbed out. I went and grabbed two of Ruby's boxes and Dan grabbed the other two. She tried to carry one but instead I handed her the house keys. We all walked up the stairs to our front door. Ruby turned the key and we walked in. Me and Dan put the boxes onto the floor. I then turned to Ruby and said, "Okay Ruby, can you cover your eyes please." She looked confused but did what she was told. I took her left arm and Dan took her right arm. We led her into the living room. The living room was set up like a party with food, balloons and banners saying "Welcome home our daughter Ruby". Slowly, we pulled Ruby's hands from her eyes. She looked around the room and screamed. Then she turned around to face us. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. I stepped forward and pulled Ruby and Dan into a huge hug. She looked up at us and whispered, "Thank you. I love you so much." Dan looked at me and smiled. Tears were forming in the corners of his eyes. I turned to look at Ruby and yelled, "Let's get this party started!" We turned on some music, grabbed some food and started having fun.

Ruby's POV:

It was 12:30am and we were still dancing around. The song finished and we all flopped on the sofa. A yawn escaped Dan's mouth. That made Phil yawn and then me. Phil then grabbed our hands and said, "I think it's time for bed." We all nodded but then Dan whispered, "I need to be carried." Phil giggle but let Dan hop onto his back. He then ran upstairs and locked themselves in my bedroom. I heard whispering and giggling from inside. Finally I managed to force open the door. To my surprise Dan and Phil were nowhere to be seen. All of a sudden they both burst out of my wardrobe and bundled on top of me. They tickled me until I was crying with laughter. They then climbed off me and I snuggled into bed. Phil came over and kissed me on the cheek. Dan then did the same. As they started to leave I called out, "Night night dads. I love you." They then closed the door and I fell asleep.

Dan's POV:

"Night night dads. I love you," Ruby called out. Once the door was closed I turned to look at Phil. Tears were spilling from my eyes and I whispered, "Phil. She called us dads." He nodded slowly and we both started to cry. Phil pulled me into a hug and whispered into my shoulder, "Yeah she did. Does that mean she loves us as much as we love her?" I slowly nodded. Then I pulled Phil into a slightly heated kiss. I could feel his mile form during the kiss and that made me smile. I loved this man so much and now I had a daughter with him. We are truly our own little Howell-Lester family.