F O U R

Dan and I were too tired to cook, so we went out for breakfast at the ratty diner down the street from our flat. We ordered a ton of food and started to ask each other questions, making it a game, "What's your favorite kind of pancake?" I asked between huge bites of a Belgian waffle, soaked
with syrup and butter.

"Chocolate chip. No question," replied Dan immediately. He stabbed a sausage and shoved it in his mouth.

"Really? I go traditional. Just plain with lots of toppings."

Dan inclined his head, "I respect that."
We ate in silence for a few minutes. The diner may have lacked proper sanitation, but the food was amazing, "So." Dan licked his knife. "Favorite color."

"I like all of them, but I would have to say either green or blue. You?" He thought about it for a moment.

"I wear a lot of black, but it isn't my favorite. I like blue," hesaid seriously, looking into my eyes. I felt a twinge in my stomach, but quickly pushed it down, attributing it to the food and the hangover.

"Cool." We reached for the syrup jug at the same time and our fingers brushed, sending a shiver down my
spine.

What was happening?

My phone buzzed, and I looked down at the screen to see a glowing message from Charlie.
Where are you? Let's hang out.
I looked guiltily up at Dan. "Hey, Dan. Is it okay if we wrap this up soon?"

He paused, mid-chew. "Why? What happened?"

"I mean, not right now, but Charlie just texted me." Dan nodded in understanding.

"Sure." We left a few minutes later. It was a nice day out, sunny and cheerful. I grabbed Dan's arm when I saw a homeless woman and her two kids, sitting on the sidewalk. Dan looked at me, confused.

"Hold on a second." I walked up to the woman and pressed as many pounds as I had into her hand. She looked up at me.

"God bless you, sir." i smiled sadly at her and went back to Dan. He had a look of genuine respect on his face.

"What?" I grew a bit self-conscious.

"You are a lovely person, Phil." I didn't think he was making fun of me, but I got a little defensive.

"She had kids, Dan."

"What? I'm just saying, you're really kind."
I looked at him, at his dark eyes and straightened hair and little dimple. I looked at his black clothes hanging over his thin form and at the way his eyes were secretly sad and a little bit wild under his cool façade.

And I smiled. "You're lovely as well, Dan Howell."

-----&-----

A/N.

*exhale*

I love my baby's.

ALSO! Please comment and vote, your feedback means everything. Also, share with your friends too, get it around.

Til next time, Au Ravoir.

(Au Ravoir is French for bye)