Chapter 1: Waking up to 'Love' √

At the hospital:

"Push!!!" A wail filled the room, but the contractions didn't stop.

"Ahh!" Iris screamed, gripping Jared's hand as contractions hit her. 

"What's going on?" She screamed at the doctor.

"It's natural for shifters to do this, just to make sure there are no other pups hiding in there. It should end soon," the doctor assured. 

End soon it did. The couple now had a baby girl, and other matters to attend to. 

17 YEARS LATER...... 

"Alexandra! Get down here now!" Alex's mom yelled. 

"Ughhh!" She groaned back, glancing around she realized time had stopped -again. She had begun to get used to this, it seemed to be happening a lot. Sighing, she began getting ready waiting for time to come back. Tugging on a pair of light blue skinny jeans she tugged a t-shirt that said "Don't judge me 'cause i'm quiet. People don't plan murders out loud," on it.

"Alex!" She heard her best friend yell from downstairs. "We're going to be late!" She smiled.

"Whatever Devyn, I'll be down in a minute!" She heard him chuckle and grinned. The two had been best friends since kindergarten, he was the only one who knew  about her time-stopping ability. 

"Hey, man," she said sliding down the banister of her stairs and throwing her bag at him. Reaching up she gave him a kiss on the cheek, and ran off to the kitchen. He rolled his eyes and grinned as he followed her. 

"Nice shirt," he commented, it had been his and he had left it here after one of their movie nights. She had loved it and never gave it back.

"Yea, I wonder where I got it," she said, turning around to wink at him. 

"Alright you two, go to school," her mom laughed and handed them both a chocolate chip muffin. Alex kissed her mom on the cheek and went out to her car. 

Getting in the passenger seat she flung her keys at Devyn, he loved driving her car. He grinned as he got in and pulled out of the driveway. 

Realising she forgot to put her makeup on she pulled her visor down. Pulling her eyeliner out of her bag, she applied it to her eyes, upper and lower and applied her mascara. 

Pulling into the school parking lot, they both stepped out of the car. They were both pretty well known around school so everyone turned to look. Boys checked out Alex, girls checked out Devyn; boys glared at Devyn and girls glared at Alex. 

 Walking into homeroom Devyn and Alex smiled at the teacher and sat in their seats in the back.

"Yea, I heard he's gorgeous." Valerie said to someone. Valerie was the Gossip Queen, she knew everything. 

"Val, who are you guys talking about?" Alex asked her.

"The new guy." Alex raised an eyebrow but said no more. Thoughts reeled through her head, she didn't know who this guy was.

Homeroom, first, second and third period flew by. Fourth period she had a free period and she really needed a coffee. Heading to the little cafe in the atrium, she ordered her coffee and sat down. Opening her bag she pulled her iPhone out and plugged her headphones in. 

She was almost done with her coffee when someone sat down. She looked up expecting to see Devyn, but instead she saw Aaron, her brother. 

"Hello," she said quietly but politely. Whether he was her brother or not, he could still possibly be the next Alpha.