Chapter 4: A Rough Conversation

"When I was eight, they started yelling. I thought it was normal because they were my parents. I figured if I said something, people would think its normal. I dealt with it, hiding in closets, under beds, staying at friends houses, whatever I could to not listen to them. When they had found out I was hiding, they would pull me out and hit me," she winced. "When I screamed, cried or made any noise they would do it again. They thought crying and screaming were weaknesses," he paused and held on to her tighter. "I had been to the emergency seven times by the time I was ten. The beatings became worse and worse, and one day, I retaliated, and the beatings were life threatening.

"When we moved here, the beatings had stopped for a day or two, but the day you came in and saw, they had started for no reason," he sighed. "I wish you hadn't seen that, I didn't want you to get hurt."

"Are they wolves?" She asked. 

"Nope," he shook his head.

"Why didn't you beat them back?" She asked.

"They would threaten me with silver bullets, and chloroform," Alex gasped.

Chloroform makes it so your wolf can't come out. 

"You're not going back, you can stay here, I can make a room up for you, and you will stay here," he looked at her. 

"But I don't want to intru-" she stopped him by pressing her lips to his. 

Finally, her wolf sighed. The kiss lasted a few seconds until she pulled back.

"My dad is actually talking to them now, so lets go get your stuff, you're staying here, no arguments," she said. 

"One argument," he said. She raised an eyebrow. "I get to share your room with you, I don't want to take up space."

She grinned. Grabbing her hand she pulled him out of the house and into her car. They drove to his place and began packing, she turned the radio on loud and sat on the bed and watched him. 

He put all his clothes in his suitcases, just throwing them, not caring what they looked like, and opened more suitcases. She rolled her eyes and pulled the closest one to her, she folded everything and sorted each of the suitcases. For parents that hated him, they sure got him a lot of nice things. 

"They wanted to look like good parents," he answered her unasked question. "You don't have to do that," she gave him a flat look. 

The music in the room had been so loud they didn't hear the unwanted guests come in. Jason and Julie smirked at each other before heading up the stairs. Alex had been too busy sorting clothes to realize her wolf was sensing something wrong. Adrian had just left to go to the bathroom to get his toiletries and she was sitting on his bed still sorting. The door was thrown open, causing a dent to form behind her door. She shrieked. Jason walked up to her and grabbed her by her throat pulling her off the bed.

"Where is he?" He yelled. She smirked, he must not realize she's a wolf, an Alpha wolf. She just kicked her legs out and knocked him off her. "Get out of my house now, you little-"

"Jason, don't touch her," Adrian growled. Jason spun around and glared at him. Julie, who had been standing behind Alex, attacked Alex, throwing her to the ground. Alex growled, her wolf pushed to the front of her mind and tried to take control. She wouldn't let her come out, she would not fight a human in wolf form. She kicked her off of her and pushed her into the wall. Julie retaliated with punches and kicks but Alex just held her there, she punched her a few times until she fell to the floor and couldn't move easily. Alex spun around and looked to where Jason and Adrian were fighting. Jason was badly bleeding and Adrian had him on the floor, still beating the defenseless man.