Chapter 6: Carnivals and Smiles

Alex woke up on the floor in the forest. She was confused as to what had happened until she smelled animal blood. Everything came flooding back. Tears poured down her face.

One thing stood out though, something one of the pack members said while she was in blood lust.. She couldn't remember what he had said, but it was important. Her wolf could sense this new power within her.

Deciding it was time to go back she shifted into her wolf, and walked carefully to the back of her house, she could see her window from here. Deciding she didn't want to walk through the house in her birthday suit, she glanced around. Her wolf sniffed the air and decided it was all clear, she shifted and quickly climbed her balcony to her room. She opened the doors and stepped in. The room was empty, but she could hear the shower running in her bathroom. She walked to her closet and pulled her bathrobe down. She was still trembling from the, now cold, spring air.

Adrian smelled Alex and knew she had come back, knowing she would want the shower, he hurried his shower along. He dressed and stepped into the bedroom, she was huddled up in her fluffy bathrobe on the floor at the foot of the bed, he jogged back into the bathroom and ran the tub. Going back into the bedroom he picked her up and carried her into the bathroom.

"Do you need help or can you get in by yourself," he hoped she could do it herself, he didn't think he could control himself if she was in front of him naked. A flash of hurt flashed through her eyes but it was soon gone.

She disgusted him, she knew it.

"I-I-I'll be fine," she shivered. "Go ahead, i'll be out later."

He looked at her confused before leaving the bathroom. She slowly slid her back up the wall and stepped out of her robe and stepped into the tub that was now full.

Turning the tap off she leaned back, her body slowly warmed up. This was very bad for her body, but it felt good so, she didn't care. She laid her head on the edge of the tub and felt her muscles relax. After she washed and was relaxed and warm, the water started to get cold. Deciding it was time to get out, she pulled the plug and grabbed a towel from the rack over the toilet.

Sighing, she stepped into her bedroom and into her closet, she pulled a random pair of Pink Yoga Pants and an I Love Pink off the shoulder sweater. She brushed her wet hair out and pulled it into a loose bun. She trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Where's Mom? Dad? Aaron? I haven't heard them or seen them since I got back. Who'd we lose in the fight?" Alex asked. There was no way she lost her family in that fight, they were to strong for that. Right?

"Uhm, Alex, I think you should sit down," Tiffanie said. That many people had died. Tears formed in her eyes. She hoped no one lost their kids or mates, she hoped no one was killed.

"How many?" She demanded through gritted teeth.

"Four" she sighed. Only four? Why would she need to sit down?

"Okay, that's not that bad, who was it?" Tiffanie took a glance at Adrian. Colton wasn't in the room. Where had he gone to? Devyn pulled Tiffanie into her when she started to cry. Adrian pulled on Alex and got her to sit.

"Baby, I need you to listen to me okay?" He said to her, she was worried now, who was gone?

"Who?" She yelled, tears streaming down her face now.

"Colton, Aaron, your mom, and your dad," he looked at her sadly. She screamed.

"No. No, no, no, no, no!" She screamed falling off the couch and onto the floor in a heap. Adrian wrapped his arms around her but she pushed him off.