Chapter 2: Wondering How

Of course I always wondered why I was what I was...

What am I? A freak. Someone special?

Could I be what my parents and pack think I am? A normal werewolf?

These thoughts ran through Alex's head. She could change into a werewolf, but there was something-things- scratching away at her subconscious. She had yet to find out what. She could stop time, change into a werewolf, yet there was something missing.

There was always something missing.

Devyn, could not change, into anything, his parents weren't even werewolves. His time stopping abilities didn't show up until 8th grade, when he kissed Alex. The time had stopped mid kiss. They didn't even notice it was so fast.

She wondered about that too.

They were in Gym class, they only had ten minutes of school left, she was talking to Devyn when the blonde bimbo across the gym threw a ball at Alex's head.

It didn't hit her because she caught it with her reflexes. She fumed, turning around she glared at the girl.

Everyone all day had done stuff to get her angry, and now, she was the angriest she had ever been. 

"Do you NOT know who I am?" She boomed at the frightened she wolf.

"No, I don't," the girl replied in a snooty tone. "I'm new," she smirked. Alex took a few deep breaths, and relaxed, slightly. 

"My parents, are Iris and Jared Phillips. They are the Alphas of two of the strongest packs in the world. I am not only the daughter of the strongest Alpha, but I'm an only child and next in line for BOTH packs. Now, would you like to say something about the little stunt you just pulled?" Alex said, slowly taking steps and now standing in front of the quivering wolf. The girl nodded.

"Yea," she said. "Catch me if ya can," she started running out of the Gym and down the hallways, Alex growled an ran after her, Devyn hot on her heels.

Turning around the corner the girl was five feet ahead, grabbing her by her collar she held her up on the wall. 

"What is your name, and who are your parents, what are you doing on my land?" Alex growled in her face. 

"My name is Tiffanie  and my parents died when I was little I have no idea who they are, I live with my brother," she sighed in defeat. "Could you put me down?" Alex dropped her on the ground. She sniffed the air and winced. 

"You're a rogue," she sneered. "Get changed out of your gym clothes and meet me in my car in five. If you're not there, I will find you," She hated being mean, but it was necessary sometimes. 

 Ten minutes later Tiffanie was running out of the locker room when she crashed into a wall of muscle, looking up she saw the hottest guy she had ever seen.

"S-sorry," she stuttered, blushing. 

"It's okay," the guy grinned. "You're cute when you blush," he said. 

Wow, forward much?

This made her blush more, sliding around him she began jogging toward the parking lot.

"Hey wait," he said grabbing her hand. She didn't feel anything and inwardly frowned. She was hoping -since he was the first guy to make her blush- that he might be her mate. He felt something though.

"What's your name?" He asked. 

"Tiffanie," she said, more confident now. 

"Devyn," he grinned holding out his hand. "Nice to meet you."