Chapter 5: Pack Mentality

At the sound of the pack's howls Alex and Aaron immediately shifted, clothing shreds went everywhere as the both landed on the table before taking off in a sprint, because they were twins, they had the same Alpha power, they thundered down the hall next to each other before they burst out the front doors. 

Everyone in the cafeteria that was male was behind them, they also in their wolves but they had pulled their clothes off first. The girls could fight if they wanted, but the boys respected them and asked them not too.

When they got outsife Aaron and Alex froze. Their pack was being slaughtered by rogues. Alex and Aaron both let out a ferocious growl before taking out every rogue wolf between them and their parents.

Reaching their parents they realized they were barely staying alive.

'Mom, Dad, go! You need to go get help, you can't fight like this!' Alex yelled into their minds. Her father only growled a bit and kept fighting. Wolf after wolf was killed, Alex couldn't concentrate because she would turn and look at her parents to see if they needed help and then she would look to Adrian and see if he was okay. While doing that she was fighting and checking on the rest of the pack. She counted at least 100 rogues, and they had 150 fighters, at least 10 of them were dead, and almost everyone was wounded. When doing this mental counting she felt a knife being pushed into her stomach. She howled in pain and turned around quickly and stared at a rogue who had shifted back into his human form. He smirked at her and took another stab. 

What kind of wolf fights with a knife?

She stared at the man and finally realized who he was, he was the man who killed her uncle. The Leader. She growled loudly and ran straight at him, ignoring the -now healing- cut in her stomach. She ran into him and sent him falling to the ground and the knife flew out of his hand, one of her pack mates caught it in their teeth and buried it in the ground. They didn't believe in using weapons for this. 

Strike after strike Alex dodged and retaliated with her own. They were both equal in skills, but he lacked  his anger. She was angrier than she ever had been. She was seeing red, whether it was blood or her wolf she wasn't sure.

For the first time in her whole life she let her wolf take complete control. Soon after taking control she had him pinned on the ground her teeth snapping at him. 

His eyes flashed with fear until a wolfish smirk covered it. He shifted into a human. 

"Kill me, you won't kill a human," he sneered. 

"You're no human," she pushed into his mind. "Besides, you had no problem doing it." 

The fight around her had come to a stand still at seeing the two leaders. Alex's pack bowed at the power she was radiating off. The rogues were having a tough time not giving into the power. 

The man below her shivered, he couldn't stop his wolf from turning his head and giving her full access.  The blood lust still ran through her mind and she couldn't stop her wolf, she had discovered a new power just recently. She bent down and bit into the mans neck pulling out his throat. He coughed blood up and then his heart stopped. The blood lust still ran through her and she spun around growling at every rogue in the area.

"She's.. She's deep in blood lust," someone managed to say. "I would leave now before she kills you like she did your leader." The rogues took off into the woods and she spun around trying to figure out which way to go first. She didn't realize how far gone she was until a pack mate stepped forward and she growled. 

"Alpha, I won't hurt you, you need to see this," the words barely registered in her wolf's mind but they rang in her human mind. Alpha.

Alex pushed forward in her mind trying to get her wolf in control but she couldn't. While she fought with her wolf Adrian stepped up behind her. He was still in his wolf form so he began rubbing himself against her fur her wolf purred but it didn't calm her down enough. She had a new power and she needed blood. She needed it now. Taking off into the woods she listened for an animal and found something that would work. A deer, hopefully it was either old or at least wasn't expecting.

She stalked her prey, like the animal she was, and pounced landing perfectly on the buck. He appeared to be wounded already so it wasn't that bad. She killed it and licked at the blood. Finally her blood lust calmed down and her human mind was able to take control. She was exhausted and in an immense ammount of pain so she immediatly shifted back into her human body and fell to the ground. Before falling asleep she remembered calling herself an animal and hoping she would not be shunned.

Adrian sat back in her bedroom trying to calm his wolf. He knew she was his mate, but he didn't neccessarily want a mate. When he talked to her about staying in her room and any other mate stuff it was his wolf.

Don't get him wrong, she's beautiful and everything he could ever want, but with his past, who could love him?

But now, as he sit in her room, trying to calm his wolf and sleep, he knew he couldn't live without her, but that meant keeping her safe.

Did that mean leaving her?

Back in her room Tiffanie paced. Devyn sat on the bed looking at the floor sadly. She had told Devyn, but now she needed a way to tell Alex. So here they sat trying to find a way.

"I think we need to talk to your brother, and Adrian," Devyn said looking up at her; she saw the pain in his eyes and her wolf stirred inside her.

Mate; Pain; Mate; Pain, she chanted.

She sat down next to him and wrapped her arms around his torso leaning her head on his shoulder. He didn't know why he felt so comfortable around her, but he did and that's all he cared about. He relaxed into her and finally got an idea, he had to tell Alex.

How was he supposed to tell her her family was gone?

How was he supposed to tell her she was now Alpha of a combined pack and she was only 17? He hoped Adrian would be there for her, she would need him.