05 Advice

I opened my eyes and found myself awake in a ditch.

I looked upwards and saw lush green leaves beside a clear blue sky. I got up slowly and found all the muscles on my body sore from last night's chase. What happened yesterday seemed so unreal that if it wasn't for all the pain across my body I would have just waved away yesterday's memories as a bad dream. With every last ounce of my strength I got up, stretched and began making my way out of the forest. At the clearing I saw a road; the same road I came across when I jumped in front of the train. In the middle of the road was a black Bentley. And unmistakably it was the one and only Bentley I know. As I began to travel towards the Bentley I realized that my steps were weighing me down. Each step was more feeble then the last. By the time I was at the door of the Bentley I fell upon both of my knees and was unable to get up again.

"You seemed to be able to make it through alive." Without even looking up I could tell it was Mi voice. The most calm and impalpable person I ever met.

"Barely." I tried to look up but found myself without the strength or will to do so.

"Come with me," she said as she opened the door.

***

In the end, the driver had to get out of the car and haul me into the back seat with Mi. Dying of thirst, Mi passed me a bottle of ice water and let me tell you, that stuff tasted finer and more refreshing and beats any other cold drinks on a hot day, that's only if you are desperate though.

"So where are you taking me this time?" I asked emptying the entire bottle in a single gulp.

"A place where we will not be disturbed."

"Your house?"

"No, a secret hideout."

I gulped.

"I warn you, if you try anything funny, I will kill you," all of sudden she took out her gun and pointed at me.

"Ok?" that was all I could say, timed with a cold bead of sweat dripping from my face.

"Do you anymore questions?"

"Uh...yes. The two freakish twin sisters who tried to kill me? They called themselves the Ragnarok sisters, is it supposed to mean something?"

"Aine and Aurora, the twin leaders of Area 8."

"Tell me more about them."

"I can't about it here; I will tell you more about it once we get to the secret hideout."

At this point, I best figured to just let it go. The rest of the trip went on silence...as usual.

***

"We are here." Mi said turning to face the entrance of what appeared to be an abandoned subway station entrance.

"An abandoned subway station? You can't be serious right?" I asked standing beside Mi.

"This subway station underwent construction about 3 years ago, and was abandoned about a year ago."

"Was there a specific reason why it was abandoned?"

"The truth has not yet been told, but there are lot of rumours why..."

"What kind of rumours?"

"Rumours that a ghost haunts the place, and that's what drove the workers insane the first place." That last bit caught my attention, and my curiosity.