The Party

TrisPOV

I take in my surroundings as we push our way through more of the crowd, a pounding sensation filling my ears that matches the deep rhythm of the music.

The bar is located on the back right side of The Pit, directly across from the iron railing above the chasm. To the left side of the bar is the tattoo parlor where Tori did my first tattoo.

The Pit is full of reckless potential and bad decisions, but it wouldn't be Dauntless without it.

In front of the bar is where Christina and I  are passing through, trying to make our way across the Pit with the hopes of dragging our boyfriends out to dance. We can only hope to push through these piles of bodies and make it out alive as Zeke did.

People are either grinding on each other, awfully singing, or pumping brown bottles in the air. I even watch one girl with a black bra and a short skirt throw half of the liquid in her bottle onto the person next to her. I know that's not going to end well because before I looked away, the bra girl was getting an earful.

As we inch closer to the other side of the bar and the strong smell of sweat fades, I notice the music becoming much quieter. I ponder on where the music is coming from until my thoughts are redirected to Tobias and Will sitting a few feet in front of us.

The bar island is captivating. It's completely made out of stone to match the walls around Dauntless. There are also a few strips of wooden beams that not only connect the big stones but also hold the black marble countertop. The island is surrounded by a handful of black leather stools that sit as high as the table, resting just below my shoulders. 

Attached underneath the countertops are the same blue lights that are mounted throughout the compound, which look quite cool the closer you are to the bar. It's almost like the countertop is floating.

Behind the bar's island are three deep, wooden shelves containing a variety of different bottles; there have to be over a hundred options, and I can almost feel my head spinning trying to take it all in. My Abnegation side is showing.

Tobias takes a swig from his brown bottle and turns his head towards Christina and me, our eyes locking. I wonder if he's as intoxicated as I am with his figure. 

He wears straight, black slacks with a forest green shirt that fits slightly tight on his body, only buttoned up halfway revealing parts of his chest. He has the shirt partially tucked in, while the rest of the fabric rests over a black leather belt. I look at his hand gripping the bottle and see a silver band attached to a watch face.

I can feel my blood racing in every inch of me. 

His hand freezes immediately, his mouth drops open. To get Will's attention, he moves his free hand behind him and smacks his shoulder, keeping eye contact with me. Everything pulses.

Will turns to look in our direction, and his mouth drops open like Tobias.

"Have any words to spill out boys?" Asks Christina playfully, a hand resting on her hip.

Tobias stands up, leaving his bottle on the counter, and rests his hands on my hips. He snakes a finger around a belt loop on either side of my waist, and roughly pulls me close to him,  planting a deep kiss on my lips.

The sudden feeling of his lips on mine makes my head buzz. If he wasn't holding me I'd collapse onto the floor; my knees are weak. 

After a few seconds, his lips graze my cheek as he whispers, "You look good, Tris. God, I am so lucky."

My body feels ignited now, and I want nothing more than to relieve us of the strong tension. This feels good.

I want more.