Five

*Marshall's*

   My eyes opened as I smelled something good coming from the kitchen.

  Rubbing my tired eyes, I yawned and floated down.

  I saw Alexa wearing an apron, cooking bacon and some eggs while humming, her hips were shaking sideways to the beat.

  "Wow, breakfast is served already?" I chuckled leaning on the doorframe.

  "Wah! Marshall! Your up!" She gasped, turning to me with uer pink cheeks.

  "Yeah. So, what's up with the apron?"

  She rolled her eyes as she placed eggs and bacon on a plate.

  "I'm cooking, ofcourse I'll be wearing an apron."

  "Now sit down and eat already, I cooked for the both of us." She smiled.

  Grinning, I sat down and took a bite.

"Dang, wish I could've suggested for you to move out your castle along time ago.."

  She laughed and rolled her eyes.

  "Shut up, this is just a way of repaying you for letting me live here."

  "Besides, I doubt that you can cook. Cause I always see you eat only strawberries around here, despite the fact you buy other food." She smirked.

  "Hey! I do cook, just not most of the time since I'm just the only one going to eat anyways." I shrugged.

  She laughed at me.

  We ate having a chat here and there. I washed the dishes after, since she was the one who cooked, so I figured it's my turn.

  "Well I'll be taking a bath then, Marshall. Don't you dare peek!" She glared before floating up the ladder.

  I chuckled to myself.

Washing the dishes, my mind drifted off somewhere. When was the last time I had a girl live with me.

  Oh yeah..Ashley.

I shuddered at the thought.

Seriously, I regret ever dating her. She's plain psycho. I mean, she practically sold my most treasured stuffed toy to a wizard!

  Plus, she's a witch too.

"Marshall! You in there?" Knocks came from the door.

  I was snapped out if my thoughts, as I quickly dried my hands and went to get the door.

  It was Fionna and cake.

"What's up?" I asked as I let them in.

  "Nothing much, cake and I are in an adventure by I really really need to go the bathroom and your place is the nearest so can I please use your bathroom?!" Fionna blurted out quickly.

  I blinked before laughing loudly. Wiping a tear it of my eye, I nodded.

  "Yeah, just up the ladder and to the left."

  She nodded, thanking me big time before running up.

  Cake sat down on the couch as I offered her strawberries.

  "Thanks.." she smiled and took one.

Her eyes spotted something by the door.

  "Ooh! Who's the girl Marshall?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

  "Oh that's just alexa-" my eyes widened in shock.

  I just remembered something.

She said she's taking a bath!! Idiot!

"Shit!" I cursed making cake flinch.

"Language Marshall!"

"Oh my glob!! Fionna?!"

  "Alexa?! Oh gosh I'm so sorry!!"

Their voices screamed in Shock.

  Cake and I shot glances and ran upstairs.

  I saw Fionna by the door with a red face and Alexa standing inside wrapped in a towel tightly, her hair dripping wet. I felt my cheeks go red at the sight.

  "What's going on here?" Cake's voice boomed.

  After letting Alexa change, we went down and sat on the sofa with cake crossing her arms.

  "Why on earth is Alexa taking a bath in your house, Marshall Lee?"

  I sighed and explained.

"She lives here, kitty cat."

  "What? No way! Are you like, together?" Fionna blushed.

  We blushed as well shaking our heads no.

  But somehow, deep inside me, somethign wished we were.

  "No, Fionna. We're not. I just live here, since I moved out of my castle yesterday." She giggled.

  "Why all a sudden, hun?" Cake asked, patting her knee.

  Cake was always this motherly figure.

  "Oh, well I just thought that maybe I'm not vut out for ruling just yet. I'm fine being the queen, but I didn't want to rule just yet.." she smiled.

  "Whatever makes you happy darling." After saying that, she shot me a look.

  "And you! I expect you to take good care of her, you hear me? Or else Fionna and I will personally be more than happy to take her in. Or even Pg." She spat.

  I chuckled, petter her head teasingly.

"Easy, kitty. She's in good hands. She won't get in trouble, trust me on that."

  "We're watching you Marshall. Let's go Fionna, we still have an adventure to finish" cake beamed, her happy aura returning.

  Damn. That cat is bipolar.

We waved them off, as Fionna thanked us for letter her use the bathroom.

  Closing the door, Alexa turned to me.

"Well if you need me Marshall, I'll be in my room." She smiled, floating off.

  I felt my stomach flutter and my heart skip a beat when I saw her smile.

  What the hell is wrong with me?

*Alexa's*

  As I shut the door, I leaned against it and slid down to the floor, my heart beating loudly.

  My face blushed bright red.

Somehow, when Fionna asked if Marshall and I were together, I actually kind of wanted to say yes.

  Why do I feel this..

I sighed. I didn't know what was wrong with me. This.. weird feeling I feel for marshall, it all started at gumball's party weeks ago.

  I don't know. I think when we danced that night, I felt some mind of weird thing that pulled us together or something..

  I gotta ask cake or Pg..

  I'm not sure what I feel, really. My heart skips a beat when I see him smile, or hear him laugh. That never happened before.

  His sarcastic comments and cocky attitude would usually annoy the glob out of me, but now..I'm kind of OK with it. And his flirtiness. Usually, I'd just tell him to back off or he's gross, but lately, I'd go and tell him that he has to work he's way up to that level or something.

  "What on earth is wrong with me..." I sighed, running my hand across my face.

  Something is definitely wrong with me..