~ Silver Dagger ~

Chapter One
Elena's POV

Elena is walking up the oak wood stairs, nervous as ever. She is supposed to stab Rebekah. Strong, beautiful, Rebekah. She clears the last stair and catches her breath as she sees Rebekuh. Rebekah is wearing a short, strapless, red prom dress. Elena thinks she looks gorgeous, not that she would ever tell. Elena leans on the door frame and takes in Rebekah's beauty before quickly thinking of something to say.
"Getting a head start, huh?" She says as more of a statement than a question. She nearly breaks her stance as Rebekah turns towards her. Her blonde hair is like milky gold. It has been curled perfectly. Elena knew she couldn't look that beautiful even if she had half the skill Rebekah had. As Rebekah turns towards Elena, a slight smile curls the corners of her lips, making her nearly impossible to resist. Elena saw something else though. There is a slight sadness in Rebekah's eyes. Elena wonders why, but knows she could never ask.
"The basking truth?" Rebekah says with a side smile towards Elena, "This is my first high school dance."
Elena bobs her head in shock, "Ever?" She asks with shock, though she immediately wants to slap herself. Of course it is her first. She has been in a tomb for centuries long. Elena watches as Rebekah sighs at her reflection; that same sad look hiding behind her radiant, blue eyes. Elena thinks that she might look better in a blue dress, but keeps her mouth shut. She knows Rebekah doesn't care about what Elena thinks.
"I never really had time for high school before." Rebekah says as her eyes flash towards Elana's appearance in the mirror, "Nick and I were always.... Moving around."
Elena takes a deep breath as a wave of guilt washes through her soul. Aside from any bad things that Rebekah has done, Elana liked her. Also, she kind of understood why Rebekah did the things that she did. She wouldn't admit it to herself, but she knew why.
"Running." She adds with a fake smile, as if it was okay. She takes a breath, "Anyway, I.. I didn't want to leave anything to chance."
Elana closes her eyes for a split-second, wanting to keep them closed forever. Rebekah is such a nice girl. How could she go through with her plan. Questions begin popping up in Elena's head. Like, why was she doing this? She is sure that they can trust Rebekah. She knows for a fact that Rebekah trusts them. After watching her so closely, she knows. Rebekah throws everything she has into one feeling. If that feeling is trust, then she feels it all.

Elena purses her lips, remembering what stefan said. We can trust her, she is an original. She pushes all her guilty thoughts aside and presses on. She watches as Rebekah smoothes the wrinkles out of her dress. All she wants is too go to prom.
"Have you heard anymore from him?" She asks, her blues eyes big with worry.
"No." Elena says, trying to get back to the cold place she started from, "But I'm sure when he does return, he'll do it with flare."
"And Damon and my father are all set with their plan?" She asks and Elena spots a fire in Rebekah's eyes, reminding her of her mission.
"Yes." Elena says with a sigh. She watches as Rebekah's hopes plummet to the floor. Elena almost wants to cry as Rebekah spins on her heel. Rebekah keeps her eyes on the floor as she walks over to the small table which holds her jewelry.
"Don't tell me. I don't want to know, I just..." Rebekah says as she picks up a copper bracelet off the table, "I just want to go to the dance and leave the rest to Michael."
Elena pushes her thumbs into her pockets and, cautiously, takes a few steps forward, "I know it's hard, so, thank you for helping us get Clause back into town." Elena says, trying to keep her act in check. It is so hard while standing so close to Rebekah. Elena isn't sure if the chills are from how cold Rebekah is, or from the electricity that seems to orbit around them.
Rebekah nods slightly, but has a warning sign in her eyes, "Just be careful. We've been running for a reason." She says as tears fill her eyes, "Michael is not a good person and he difinitely can't be trusted."
Elena wants to reach her arms out and hug Rebekah, take away any pain or fear she may be hiding. She doesn't, though. For fear of setting the pistol off... Or creeping her out... Elena steps forwards to hear the words that Rebekah whispers towards the end, "Noone in my family can."
Elena strains to keep from tearing up. She fights the urge to wrap Rebekah in her arms and whisper sweet things into her ear. Instead, she asks, "Are you okay?"
Elena hates the way it sounds as it flows from her lips. It sounds as if she is calling Rebekah crazy, or judgeing her. Of course, Elena isn't judging her. How could she?
Rebekah's breath shudders as she responds, "I've spent my whole life... Loveing and hating my brother with equal measure." She says and it seems like she is trying to hold herself together when she says, "I never thought that I would be the one to help drive.. A stake through his heart."
Elena almost cries and nearly steps forward to hold Rebekah, but she stops herself just in time. 'It has to be done.' She tells herself as Rebekah shakes her head and spins towards the mirror. Elena feels horrible. How could she do this to such an innocent soul. As if Rebekah hasn't been through enough traitorous events? He Elena comes to stab her in the back, literally.
"Well, no tears. I-I don't want to ruin my makeup." Rebekah says as she tightly walks over to the mirror. Elena stands still frozen in place as Rebekah plasters a lie on her face. A smile that would probably never be real. Elena wants to drop to her knees and burn the stake, but no. She couldn't do that, too many people were depending on her.
"How do I look?" Rebekah asks Elana she smooths down her dress again. Elena straightens up and throws her arms out, "You look amazing," She says, truthfully. Then feels a lump in her throat as she adds, "But your missing one thing."
Elena takes the necklace from her pocket, being careful not to nock the white oak stake from it's place. She watches with dread as Rebekah turns towards her, following the six step program that Stefan and Damon had practically written for her. Rebekah stands in place and looks as if she thinks Elena is pulling a trick on her.
"My mothers necklace." She says wholeheartedly before looking Elena right in the eye. Elena lowers the necklace till it rests in her right palm.
"You should wear it tonight." Elena says, trying not to choke up. Rebekah spins towards the mirror, purseing her lips. She appears to think Elena is lying, "May I?" Elena asks, hoping that Rebekah will refuse. Rebekah nods as she tries to keep her happiness concealed. Elena knows that Rebekah should have gotten the necklace ages ago, it was hers after all.