~ Healing Hearts ~

Chapter Four

Rebekah's POV

Rebekah watches Elena from the corner of her eye, she is staring out the window with a huge grin. She seems so happy.
"Aren't you worried?" Rebekah asks as she stares at the road in front of her new car. She and Elena had been up all night and daylight had just peeked at us from over the moutain's.
"Honestly, no." Elena says with a shrug.
"Well, why not? I mean, aren't you worried that I am leading you to your death?" Rebkah asks, meaning nothing by the question.
"No. I don't think you would do that unless I did something incredibly traitorous, like talk you into stabbing yourself." Elena says as she lifts a brow a Rebekah, "Besides, it would be better death than what would happen if I stayed there."
"I really thought you had. I woke up to Elijah. They offered me no explanation. I assumed the worst." Rebekah says with a shrug.
"I know. I don't blame you, Rebekah. I don't really blame anyone. We all have our reason, though, admittedly, some aren't quite as bad as others." Elena says as she furrows her brows. Rebekah nods as she pulls around to a hotel. She is so tired and finding it hard to concentrate on something besides Elena. She looks so gorgeous in Rebekah's eyes. Her hair has dried, but is unbrushes, giving her a wild look that Rebekah had never thought Elena had. Plus, she was still in her ball gown, which accented
everything. Rebekah shakes her head and opens her door.
"May I ask where we are?" Elena asks as she looks up at the hotel.
"We are in New York." Rebekah says as she walks up to the hotel doors and holds them open for Elena.
"Won't they look here first?" Elena asks worriedly.
"Maybe, but it is so populated, plus, my name is Sarah Blackheart." Rebekah says as she whips out a card.
"How did you get that so fast?" Elena asks with a look of amazement.
"I have a lot of these. They are like a collection for me." She says with a shrug.
"Oh." Elena says as she blushes. Rebekah smiles along with her, she is just so cute. Rebekah discreetly gets them a room and leads Elena towards it.
"I didn't exactly have time to grab any clothes, but I can probably get a few large-size T-shirts from the gift-shop downstairs." Rebekah says as she unlocks the hotel door, "Is that okay?"
"That sounds great. Anything to get out of this dress. It isn't exactly comfortable." Elena says with a smile.
"I understand." Rebekah says with a laugh as she gestures at her dress. Hers isn't near as puffy as Elena's, but it still gets in the way. The door swings open and the first thing Rebekah notices, is that there is only one bed. She smacks her face with her palm, Elena will think she is a creep.
"What is it?" Elena asks as she walks in.
"I forgot to get two beds." Rebekah says as she watches Elena.
"I don't mind sharing, if you don't" Elena says with big innocent eyes.
"Oh. I thought you would." Rebekah says as she watches Elena walk into the room.
"You go ahead and wash up, I'm going to go get those shirts." Rebekah says before walking out of the room. As if it wasn't strange that they were going to wear only T-shirts. They would be in the same bed.
'Rebekah.' Rebekah thinks as she shakes her head at herself. She knew that Elena was just being sweet. She probably thought Rebekah was a creeper. Just fabulous.

Rebekah buys the largest shirts she can find, and then starts back upstairs.

Elena is sitting on the edge of the bed with the television on, wearing only a towel. Her hair looks better, but only slightly. It is as if she ran her fingers through it.
"These are the biggest ones the had." Rebekah says as she holds one out in front of herself. The T-shirts say I <3 NY.
"Better than this towel." Elena says with a shrug and catches the shirt when Rebekah tosses it at her. Elena pulls it over her head and over the towel, then when it is as far as it will go, she pulls the towel and it drops to the floor. The T-shirt almost stretches to her knees, but not quite. It will do. Rebekah nods and walk to the bathroom before taking her hair down, washing off her makeup, and putting on the shirt. It is slightly shorter on her. A little higher than mid-thigh. She keeps her panties on, it is all she's got at the moment. She tosses her hair once and runs her fingers through it, after that, she leaves the bathroom and throws herself onto the bed.
"I'm so tired!" Rebekah says as she pushes her legs under the covers.
"You have been driving all night." Elena says swith a laugh.
"Do you regret coming with me?" Rebekah asks with worry.
"Not even a little." Elena says as the sound of looney toons' dances out of the T.V speakers.
"You are so different." Rebekah says as she lies on her side and faces Elena.
"How so?" Elena asks as she joins rebekah under the covers.
"I didn't expect you to be so fun." Rebekah says with a shrug.
"Well. Miracles happen when you don't hide the magic." Elena says as she lies on her side, facing Rebekah.
"Wise words." Rebekah says as she lifts and eyebrows curiously.
"I'm a wise girl." Elena says with a grin, causing Rebekah to laugh.
"Alright, we should sleep now." Rebekah says, though she makes no move to turn off the light. What she really wants is to lean forward and kiss Elena. She doesn't have the guts for that, though. Elena grins and reaches behind herself before turning off her bedside lamp.