Prologue part II

(I don't own the song above "Once upon A December" that belongs to the movie Anastasia and it's owners.)
----------------------------------------------
Recap
"I called you here to tell you to look after my son, will you Juliet?" He tells me with a hint of worry in his tone of voice. I looked at him with confusion as to why he would tell me that like he was never going to come back.

Present Juliet POV

"Yes sir I will look after your son." I replied not wanting to worry him more. He looked relieved when I told him I would, and said "Thank you that will be all now, you may leave." And with that I left to go find Ciel to which I believed was with his mother right now. Lady Rachel loved and treated me like her own daughter same for Lord Vincent. She was in the family room watching Ciel play with his toy soldiers and Noah Arc toy ship, while their family dog Sebastian laid by Lady Rachel feet sleeping. "Good afternoon Lady Rachel." I said to her as I made myself known to her and Ciel. "Good afternoon Juliet, how are you." Rachel said to me while I went to Ciel. "Juliet!come play with me." Ciel said to me excitedly. For the next few hours we played together while Lady Rachel watched us.

Time skip to bedtime

When Ciel was done with his bath he cuddled up in his bed, while I was sitting on the edge of his bed.
"Juliet can you sing for me, please." He said to me with a hyper look on his face. "The usual song?" I asked knowing well that he knows what song I'm talking about. "Yes!" He said excitedly. (Play the song)

Dancing bears, painted wings
Things I almost remember
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December.

Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory.

Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Once upon a December.

Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory.

Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Things it yearns to remember
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December.

After I was done singing he was sound asleep next to me, relax breathing and slowly dreaming. I got up but when I did I realized that his arms were around me. Realizing this I stayed and slept by his side.

Late that night I smelt smoke in the air. Waking up to this I saw smoke coming up from the crack in the doorway. "Ciel, Ciel wake up we got to go!" I shouted when I realized what was going on. The house was on fire and I had to get Ciel out of here now.

Little time skip

I got Ciel outside and saw the manor up in flames. I tried to cover Ciel's eyes but refused telling me to let him see. When he saw he was shocked and on the verge of tears. "We have to get my parents out of there, NOW JULIET!" he told me more like yelled at me. "I'm sorry Ciel but there dead." I told him remembering what I saw when I was running out of the manor.

Flashback

As I was running through the manor with Ciel in my arms I was also looking for Vincent and Rachel hoping that they already made it out. When I came across the study I saw someone sitting in the chair. "Vincent!" I yelled at him but he didn't move a muscle. I realized right then and there that he was dead.

Flashback over

I looked at Ciel with tears in my eyes 'So that's what he meant when he said to look after his son.' I thought to myself as I heard footsteps coming closer to us. Then in one swift motion I was shot in the head, and before I was out cold I heard Ciel screaming for me to wake up and him screaming for the people who shot me to let him go. My final thought was 'I'm going to find you Ciel, I won't fail you as your Gradian angel.'