After

Disclaimer...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....All the quotes are from Criminal Minds, but are from various authors.

A/n I'm really sorry these are super short, as I said hopefully they will get longer over time. Thank you sooooo much. Sorry for any typos or wrong punctuation. Xxx

(This is a sequel to Victor)

Miss Peregrine's POV

What happened in the past that was painful has a great deal to do with what we are today.

" Nothing revives the past so completely as a smell that was once associated with it.

Confession is always weakness. The grave soul keeps its own secrets, and takes its own punishment in silence.

Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.

What lies in our power to do, lies in our power not to do.

We are each on our own journey. Each of us is on our very own adventure; encountering all kinds of challenges, and the choices we make on that adventure will shape us as we go; these choices will stretch us, test us and push us to our limit; and our adventure will make us stronger then we ever know we could be. "

Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you.

These quotes flow through my head as I think of Victor and how I wasn't there to save him as look down at my reflection in the lake water. Most woman would look at their reflection and pick it apart. I just look. Then there are small ripples at my feet. I realise I'm crying. Hastily I wipe the tears away, not wanting the children to see. But it's too late. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to find Enoch. Poor Enoch, ever since Victor's death he has isolated himself from everyone.

All the children are standing just behind him, staring at me. Everyone is tearing up, fighting the sadness. But sometimes you have to let it out.

"Miss P, why are you sad?" Claire asks, crying her own tears.

"I was just wondering if I could have protected you all better," I say. "Why are you crying sweet?"

She comes to me and burries her head in my neck.

"If you are sad then I am sad because you keep me happy Miss P. You saved us all from the life we would have had. And then you brought us to a happy, free place full of fun. And that's why we love you," Answers Claire.

I hear 1000 thank yous and by now I am almost drowning in mine and everyone elses tears.

"Now what say you we go back to the house and have a nice cup of coco?" I suggest.

"Yes please Miss Peregrine!"

Millard's POV

Maybe we should cry more often; we get hot coco. YAY!