3

Chapter 3

*Kris Bryant's POV*

I walked into the clubhouse with my bag over my shoulder. I looked around and all the guys were looking at me except for my ex- best friend, Anthony. David came up to me and directed me to his locker. 

"Aye, I know that what he did was an asshole move but we're a team... We win and loose as a team. Let's try and forget. I'm not saying forgive, I'm simply saying forget!" He sighed and I just ignored him, staring at my feet. "We get to meet our new GM today! Rumors say it's a she and she looks pretty hot for my favorite youngster!" He smirked, squeezing my shoulder but I just continued to stare at the ground. "Alright, honestly, I don't think it was his fault! Jess was drunk, he pushed her away...." David sighed and I shook my head. 

"If you think this is helping, you're wrong!" I hissed, rolling my eyes. I walked out into the dugout and stared at the field. 

My girlfriend of 8 years cheated on me with my best friend. She accidentally sent me a voice recording of her confessing her love for him and how she was only with me for the potential fame. Granted, she was intoxicated, but it stung! There was no way I could ever look at her the same way! I'll always love her and she'll always be my best friend, but that's when I eventually get over this! As for Anthony, we'll see. 

As I stared at the field, I saw Joe and a girl in a blue dress walking the warning track. She was beautiful. Her long, strawberry blonde hair flew in the wind and I could hear her sweet laugh from in here. I stood up and walked halfway up the stairs leading out of the dugout and smiled slightly, watching them catch up like they were old friends. I couldn't help but wonder who she was! Just as I was about to make myself present to them, David came out and pulled me back into the locker room, warning me that we only had 10 minutes till batting practice began. 

While I got ready, my mind couldn't forget about her. I was dying to know who she was!