9

Chapter 9

I grabbed my black Michael Kor's bag and made my way out of the club house. As I reached into my bag, digging for my keys, a faint voice called my name. 

"Brett?" He chirped and I turned around, seeing a pair of bright blue eyes staring down at me.

"Hey, you should really put some ice on that!" I gestured to the black eye forming and he just shrugged. 

"It's fine! Worse has happened!" He gulped, looking down at his feet. 

"What's wrong?" I crossed my arms and he shook his head. 

"What?" He mumbled and I laughed slightly. 

"Look, Kris, I grew up with men around me. I know when somethings wrong!" I smiled slightly and he shook his head. 

"Now that I think about it, it's silly!" He sighed, looking up at me. "I'll see you tomorrow.." He gulped starting to turn around. 

"Nothing's silly! Hell, I though my dreams of one day getting this job was silly, but, here I am today!" I laughed slightly and Kris stopped in his tracks. "If we pushed everything we thought was silly aside, where would we all be?" I gulped and he nodded. 

"My girlfriend, of 8 years, she confessed to my best friend, in the whole entire world, that she didn't actually love me. She was just with me for the money!" He laughed a hurt laugh as he slowly turned to face me. "I just, I'm looking for a reason to not entirely blame myself! I let her in, and, I got hurt! Why should I ever let anyone else in?" He gulped looking at me with hurt eyes. 

"Why shouldn't you let anyone else in? Why should you blame yourself? You gave her all your love and she took it and gave it back to you. That doesn't mean that every other girl you meet will do that! Kris, you're a good guy with a good head on your shoulders! Don't let this make you think differently about yourself!" I sighed and he nodded. 

"Thanks!" He laughed slightly. 

"Anytime!" I smiled, unlocking my car. 

"Um, Brett..." He nervously spoke just as my phone began to ring. 

"Yeah?" I gulped, answering the call and put it up to my ear. 

"Um, I, uh... Good night! I'll see you tomorrow!" He smiled softly and I nodded. 

"See you tomorrow!" I laughed slightly. "No, I'm not laughing at you!" I giggled into my phone as I climbed into my Audi A4. 

"Well, what if I told you Kian had mad feeling for you?" My brother Wrigley gulped and I couldn't help but laugh slightly. 

"Ok? He hasn't seen me since high school when I was ugly and fat and so insecure about myself that I didn't even like me!" I huffed, leaning back into my seat. 

"Well, he's always liked you!" He sighed.

"Really?" My voice spiked up and Wrigley laughed. 

"Yes B, really!" He chuckled. "I gotta go but I'll see you next week, right?" He gulped. 

"Yeah!" I laughed slightly. "Love you!" I sighed. 

"Yep, you too!" He mumbled, hanging up. I threw my phone into the cup holder and just stared at the steering wheel in front of me, shaking my head.