6

Chapter 6

Before practice began, I changed into a blue Maison Margiela layered pullover sweater, white Maticevski esteem pants, and white tom ford ballerina flats. I walked out of my office and back down stairs. As I walked out onto the field, I placed my hands in my pant pockets. 

"Brett!" Joe smiled and I smiled back, nodding my head in acknowledgement. As I walked down the 3rd base line, someone hit a ground ball directly to me so I grabbed it and played with it as I continued me walk. When I got over to the guys, I couldn't help but notice this new spark inside of them. 

"I'm sorry, but I'm dying to know, how old are you if you're younger than I am?" Addison Russel laughed slightly. 

"I turned 21 a week ago on September 22!" I giggled, and he gasped. 

"No way!" He smiled and I nodded. 

"Yeah, I'm extremely young for my grade! I graduated high school at 16 and college at 20!" I crossed my arms, looking up at him. 

"Where did you graduate from?" 

"Harvard, actually! Graduated as valedictorian and I have a degree in sports management!" I sighed watching Kris take batting practice. 

"That's insane!" He laughed, shaking his head. 

"Tell me about it!" I giggled. "I should go make sure Joe doesn't need help with anything..." I sighed and Addison nodded. 

"I think that you're gonna be really good for this organization! It's cool having someone so passionate about improving the team that high up on the board! Also, you're more fun to talk to! I think I talked to Jed once while he was here and it was about tea!" He smiled. 

"Well, maybe now that we aren't talking about tea, we'll finally win a ring after 100 years!" I smirked and he laughed as I walked over to Joe. 

"Wanna sit?" He gestured to the open spot on the bench next to him and I shook my head. 

"Nah! I enjoy seeing what my father saw everyday for most of his life!" I smiled, looking at the field that was covered in baseballs. 

"When is your dad coming out here?" Joe gulped and I shook my head. 

"Probably never..." I sighed, leaning against the rail that was blocking the dugout from foul balls. "He's so wrapped up in everyone and everything that's not me!" I gulped and Joe came and stood next to me. 

"No, he just knows that you can handle yourself! He knows that he doesn't have to babysit you every second of everyday! Hell, if you're strong enough to be here, right now, that shows that you don't take no for an answer! You push and push until you get your way!" He smiled, making me laugh. 

"Thank you!" I smiled. "I was on the phone with him earlier and he's planning on coming out for our game Wednesday!" I sighed and Joe nodded. 

"I'll make sure I have my best team on the field!" He smirked, making me giggle and shake my head.