4

Chapter 4

*Brett Sandberg's POV*

As Joe and I walked the warning track, my hair blew in the wind that gave Chicago the name of The Windy City. I watched as my black Dolce&Gabbana stappy leather sandals left imprints in the thick dirt. 

"How's the old man?" Joe sighed, crossing his arms. 

"He's still kicking!" I laughed, looking up into Joe's trusting green eyes that resembling those of my fathers. "He's lost without baseball but now that I'm getting into the action, he won't leave me alone!" I sighed and Joe nodded. 

"How does he feel about you being the GM for his old team?" He smirked and I laughed slightly, looking up at the flag with my father's old number printed on it that was flying high over the field. 

"He's confused!" I giggled. "He's happy but my brother's not! My dad is flying out for our first post-season game when we get there and my brother, Wrigley, doesn't want to come because of his name!" I sighed, crossing my arms. 

"Why would he name your brother Wrigley?" Joe laughed and I shook my head. 

"He tried to say it was because he loved the field but my mom always says it's because my cousin was named Ryan a week before Wrig was born so, the only thing they kept saying was Wrigley!" I gulped as we came to the end of the track where it meets the 3rd base foul line. Joe and I followed that line all the way to home plate, still talking. 

"Now, I know you and your dad have told me a million times, but, who's the oldest, Wrigley or Ryne?" He looked at me and I couldn't help but giggle slightly. 

"Ryne's the oldest at 27, then Wrigley at 23, then me at 21!" I smiled as we stood on home plate, looking over the entire field. 

"Wow!" Joe sighed, crossing his arms. 

"That's all I've been able to say for the past 2 weeks!" I gulped, also crossing my arms. 

"Let's get you into the clubhouse, the boys are probably creating conspiracy theories about who you are!" Joe laughed, starting towards the dug out. 

"Let's go shatter their little theories!" I giggled, quickly following behind him.