14

Chapter 14

At the end of the game, Cameron and I walked out to the entrance of Wrigley together. 

"I had a great time!" I smiled, looking up into Cameron's eyes and he nodded. 

"So did I!" He gulped, looking down at me. "I hope that I'll hear from you again!" He smirked and I giggled, looking at my feet then up at him again. 

"I can promise you that you'll hear from me again!" I smiled and he nodded. "I have to go, but, I'll see you soon!" I pecked his cheek before running into the back of Wrigley. I snuck into the locker room and simply clapped. "Way to pull that out of your ass!" I patted Joe's back and everyone laughed. "Szczur, congratulations!" I smiled, crossing my arms. "Bryant, Rizzo, you two seemed a bit off but, maybe you just need a day or two off!" I sighed, looking at the 2 boys who just nodded, barely acknowledging my existence. 

"All the guys and the coaches are going to grab dinner! If you wanted to come you could!" David Ross smiled and I shook my head. 

"No, I can't!" I gulped, looking down at my feet then back up at Ross. "Next time!" I smiled and he nodded. 

"Next time!" He smirked, before walking back to his locker. 

"I have to go over a few more things and I'll lock everything up! Just, make sure that everyone's here Thursday after for a few little minor tweaks!" I gulped, looking at Joe. 

"You okay?" He raised an eyebrow and I nodded. 

"Yeah!" I laughed slightly, making my way to the tunnel leading out of the locker room. "Good job everyone! I'll see you here on Thursday!" I announced and everyone nodded, waving as I walked out. It was dark and empty. All the fans had ran out leaving just the team and the grounds crew. I walked out onto the field and sat down on the space of grass between the mound and the plate, staring out at outfield wall where my father's flag flew bravely. It's been 4 and a half years since I last saw my parents. They weren't able to make it out to Massachusetts for my college graduation and I was never able to make it home for the holidays because I poured all my time into my school work! I looked at the the empty stands, I heard someone laugh slightly, making me turn around.