Chapter 1

*Mitch POV*

I want to go, but I can't. Mom says its forbidden, but she can't keep me here forever!

Bacca Forest.

That place is forbidden. My dad says bacca's are evil. My mom says its for my own good. But I want to know. What is a "bacca"? I mean, with me being 13, I see almost nothing beyond the castle walls. I see the occasional Pigman, but that escapes from the neater. We learns about Ghats, Pigmen, Endermen, Ender Dragons, and all the monsters in school. How come we don't learn about baccas?

I KNOW WHAT IM GUNNA DO FOR MY PROJECT NOW!

Bacca.

*Jerome POV*

"Mom, how come the king hates us? you said you'd tell me when I turn 13, so hear I am!" I beg, getting down on my knees, making those sad bacca eyes.

"Alright, I'll tell you. It was a very sad March day. The king ordered us that we couldn't have any more children, or they would be sent to prison. Well, that was the time I was pregnant with you, I didn't want to leave you, so I disobeyed the king. Four days after he made that announcement, I had you. He didn't find out about it until 4 years later, when you ran to the kingdom. I bet you don't remember this day, but you snuck into the castle. You went straight to the playground, where you met the kings son."

She paused, taking a deep breath and exhaling sadly.

"I went looking for you. While I was on the castle walls I saw you on the chopping block. I raced down, grabbed you, and ran out of the kingdom as fast as I could. Luckily, the gourds didn't catch me and we made it back to our tree just in time. I've never seen the king since."

She hugged me tightly. I don't remember that day, but I trust my mom. She hurried my off to the tree so I can eat. I haven't eaten breakfast yet, I hope it's not vile creatures!

~3 days later~

Today I hope to sneak by the castle, and hopefully not get on the chopping block again. Now, what can hide all of this hair. I'm a young bacca, so I only wear overalls. Maybe I can get something out of my dads closet?

I quietly tiptoe to my dads closet and pick out the smallest thing, a tuxedo. I put it on and examine myself in the mirror.

"Pretty classy, and I don't look half bad!" I mutter to myself.

I also put the smallest shoes on, white gloves on and a ski mask on. It is winter, so nobody will suspect a thing.

"Mom! I'm gunna go on a walk!" I call, smirking. This plan is totally going to work!

*Mitch POV*

I pick up a pencil and paper to try and sketch what a bacca looks like. I imagine them like devils, no hair, an evil grin and devil horns. Wait, maybe its a good idea to take a camera and go into bacca forest! Naw, I'll never get past the guards. Lets just go on a walk, I guess. Maybe the guards won't protect the gate! It's worth a shot, I guess.

"Mom! I'm going on a walk!" I shout, opening the door to the house. I greet people I meet on the way, acting casual. I sit at a table by the gate, and when the guards are taking a break, I sneak out and head to bacca forest.

Remembering to stay hidden, I go as fast as I can. I see a mysterious figure in a ski mask and a suit. When he sees me he pauses. I walk up to him slowly. He doesn't move a muscle.

"Who are you?"