Chapter 3

I hurry back to the spot, which is only like 150 block away from the climbing spot. I replaced the vines with ladders. Luckily, Jerome is already there, so I don't gave to wait.

"Hey there biggumms!" he says.

"Biggumms? What does that mean?" I ask confused. He smiles sheepishly and answers.

"It just means... friend."

I smile, tell him it's okay and help him up. As I grab his fluffy hand, I feel some magic. The only magic I've felt with my Ex-girlfriend. It can't be. I have to be kidding myself. It's probably the tickle of his fur. All this time I was holding his hand. He looks at me weirdly. I let go and apologize.

"Sorry. Just...... thinking. Staring into space." I smiles and nods. Then, he takes off running. I sprint behind him and slowly make my way in front of him. When we are almost to the ladders, I stop in front of him. He tumbles on top of me.

"Da fuck? Why'd you do that?!" He screams. I laugh and point to the ladders. I wait for him to get up, but he doesn't. I look at him and he's asleep or something. I smile and lift him up. Wow, a bacca can sure fall asleep fast. Within 5 min! I slowly, lifting with my legs, stand up. I piggyback him up the ladders, which isn't that hard because he's super light. Then, I dump him on the bed. He still sleeps. He must be having an amazing dream because he's smiling and talking. Then, I go downstairs to see If dinner is ready. I bring food for Jerome and I back up. I eat and lay on the floor next to him. I slowly drift to sleep.

~Jerome POV~

-THE DREAM-

I knew I was falling for him. I just didn't know why. Or how. There has been no such thing as a gay bacca. What will my parents think? They'll support me, right?

I stare into the blackness. I hear voices. Voices I remember. I suddenly see pictures if me. My hair is falling off. I try to grasp it but I can't. It falls into the blackness.

"Jerome! HAALP!" A voice calls. It's Mitch. "Run Jerome! RUN!"

"Biggumms?! Where are you!?" I say, looking around me. I hear distant, echoing voices.

Wheezy...wheezy...wheezy!

This can't be happening. I remember those voices. They've been haunting my dreams since I was 6. I'm no longer as scared of them as I was, but I don't know who they are.

Suddenly, colors start to flood in. I'm in the middle of the woods. I have a diamond axe and full iron armor. I look around for someone, but I see no one.

"Anyone? Biggumms?" I call, trying to find moss. Moss points north. North is where the North Star is. Hopefully more people are there. Just hopefully.

"Biggumms?!" I call. I decide to climb a tree to scout up. Then I see him.

Mitch.

He is laying lifelessly on the ground. I jump off the tree and sprint to him. I scoop him in my arms. His eyes painfully flutter open.

"Hey biggumms!" I say, trying to sound cheery. He smiles softly. He's dying. I can see him beating red. Almost dead. His eyes then start to shut.

"Buggumms, no. You gotta stay with me. I'll find food."

All he does is shake his head. I lift him up and carry him up a tree. I sit and place him in my lap.

"Jerome?" He asks. I nod. I don't want him to die on me.

"I love you, Jerome." He says, his eyes shutting. Tears roll down my face. I wipe them off, realizing I have no hair.

"I love you too. I say, softly kissing him on the cheek. Then he dies. A cannon goes off.

BOOM!