Chapter 1: Dinner

{ Evanna's POV }

*Ding*

"Good morning! I'll be right with you!"
I exclaimed and picked up a bucketful of flowers, moving it to the corner for later use. Turning on my heel, I walked up to the counter, and smiled after seeing this familiar face.

"Hello again Philip. Did his majesty's  flowers wilt so soon? Does he want another dozen bouquets?" I questioned with an exaggerated tone.

I have been receiving countless orders from the palace for about a month. You can say that I was King George's personal florist.

Well, not really, we've never exchanged a word, and I didn't like him.

( I recently read 'Common Sense' by Thomas Payne and the writing had drastically changed my viewpoint. )

"No Eva, today he want's something... different..."

I raised an eyebrow, and my immature schoolboy side came into view.

"Excuse me? I'm a florist, not a prostitute."
I replied with a smirk

He rolled his eyes and chuckled
"He wants to meet you, Eva. Come by the castle by six o'clock tonight."

My heart stopped and dropped down to the floor. This can't be good.

"What?"

"You heard me. Are you going or not?"

"I'll be there." I replied with a pale face.

~

God, my life is over.

I was a British rebel, in England, saving up to move to the Colonies, and I'm about to meet the King of England.

{ George's POV }

I sat completely relaxed in my throne, not planning on getting off of it. It was time to see who this Evanna was, and tick off Philip. I'll just look at her, pretend to have an important conversation, flirt with her just because I can, and dismiss her.

Why do much effort to annoy him?
Well, it's not all to annoy him. The way he describes this girl,

"Hair as white as sugar,  she's just as sweet, her skin has the occasional farmer tan, looks fit for a queen, she isn't disgusted by dirty jokes, independent, witty, a bit feisty, bet she'd be a commanding submissive, and best of all, she has no family so I can freely wed her without asking a parent for her hand!"

Really... interests me.

"She's here, sire."

"Enter!"

The doors open and there she stood, looking exactly as he described.
Aside from the fact that she looked as if she would die of fear right then and there, Evanna was beautiful.

When I looked at the girl, it made me feel... powerful. I had an effect on her and I loved it.
Or did she have an effect on me...?
Regardless, I am definitely having dinner with her.

I fixed my position and leaned forward on the armrest. The girl took quick steps and finally stopped at the base of the throne. She curtsied and kept her head down.

Glancing at Philip from the corner of the room, I stood up and walked right in front of her. She must've seen me coming, you could see her grow tense.

There was that feeling again, it now came as a poke to my heart.

{ Evanna's POV }

He put a finger directly under my chin and lifted it. We were so close that I could feel his breath on my face. I took a step back, but was blocked my his arm that had snaked it's way behind my back.

God he's good.
But it makes me wonder...
Exactly how many women have been in this situation? Just me? I w-

Focus.

"What's Your full name?"

"Evanna Lorinne Evans, at your service." I said breathlessly.
I caught him glancing at my lips.

"Would you enjoy having a chat over dinner?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Philip! Tell the chef to make a dinner for two. Now." Hid majesty yelled, not breaking eye contact with me.

Oh! Philip is here!
I turned my head to see Philip, looking as if he wanted to scream or cry. I raised a brow and mouthed 'are you okay?'

"Yes, Sir." He replied and dashed off, ignoring me.

My eyes continued to follow him, even after he was out of eyesight. What was wrong with him?

The King once again put his finger under my chin and turned my head to look at him. His expression... disappointed and mad? It faded too quickly to make anything else out of it.

"Come along now,"

~

It had been about two hours and thirty minutes into the meal and I had ran out of things to chat about. We discussed our business deal, my background, where the nursery was located, my love life (it was quite a short discussion because I have never dated), and finally my parents. To top it all off, we finished the meal. I took a stand and decided to end it here.

"I believe that I should be on my way. Thank you, your Majesty."
I curtsied once more and made my way to the door.

And the literal second my hand brushed up against the handle, I was pinned against the door. When the other people in the room heard the thump, they scurried out like this had been planned. At the time, I was sure that I had done something wrong and now I was to be arrested or beheaded. But oh was I so wrong...

"Going so soon? I'm afraid I cannot allow you to leave me like this."