Chapter 4

I mean, no one tells me how I live my life, no one tells me who I love, especially not some vindictive prehistoric witch and definitely not the universe, and I'm not gonna let someone else's idea of destiny stop me from loving you or being with you or building a future with you because you are my life." -Damon Salvatore 

Ezra Pov

I can't believe I am crying. The last time was when my dad was dead. I don't know why she is angry at me. She was the one who left me without any explanation

'' Sir they are waiting for us '' Elena said breaking me from my thought. '' Let's go then,'' I said.

That may seriously be the longest meeting ever. And I did go to many meetings. This one was long because of one particular reason and the reason has only one word. Elena.

She was distracting me. Either she kept biting her lips or she was looking just so hot. I don't know if it was deliberately or not.

I can't let her go. It is impossible for me to let her go. I have to know why she is angry then I have to get rid of her asshole boyfriend then she will be mine again.

But how will I find it? I can see only one option. And it is to to make Elena herself tell me. '' Send Miss Witson in my office now.'' 

'' We have to go to Paris tomorrow, there is a conference there. And before you refuse. Let me tell you that you are my assistance. and as my assistance, you have to come with me. Is that clear '' I told her so that she does not have an option.

'' Yes sir'' She replied coldly.

'' You can take the day off. I told Roger to take you for shopping.'' '' I have clothes'' She said like she was offended. I softened, she is so adorable sometimes. '' You need a classy dress, We will going to a business party also,'' I explained her. '' Ok then sir, bye.'' She turns away and went out.

She was the death of me. I have to finish all my work today itself so that in Paris I can spend time with her. Now I need to find out about her boyfriend. I called my friend who worked as an investigator, '' Hey Nate, can you check out Elena boyfriend Ethan is his name.'' '' Sure, wait you found her. As in Elena Witson, the love of your life?''

'' But I don't know why she is angry at me and she has a boyfriend,'' I said angrily.

'' Does she know about the bet.'' ''No. How would she know about that.'' I replied. '' Maybe she knows about the bet and that why she so angry at you.'' '' You know that bet didn't mean anything to me, I love her. She is the light of my life'' I said.

'' I know dude, I will find out about that Ethan dude and tell you about it'' He said

I laughed '' Stop with this dude thing''. '' No can do dude.'' He replied laughing. ''So whats your plan to get Elena back.'' '' I told her there is a conference in Paris and there I will get her back.'' '' Good luck dude.'' '' Thanks,'' I said cutting the call.

At home, Midnight

I can't sleep at all. All I can is Elena, her lip, her breast and everything else of her. I feel like a horny teenage now. I wonder what is she doing right now. Is she thinking of me right now like I am thinking of her? I want to hear her voice. Not thinking clearly, I called her.

'' Hello'' she said still sleepy. I cant talk. Now I feel like an asshole to disturb her sleep. '' Ezra I know it is you. So start talking.'' She said still sleepy. How did she know it is me. '' I called to tell you that I will be picking you at seven o'clock sharp tomorrow. So be ready.'' I told her. '' Is that all.'' She said. '' Did I disturb you. I didn't know you would be sleeping.'' '' Of course not you didn't disturb. I was actually waiting for you to call me. In fact, the whole world is awake for you Sir.'' She said with sarcasm.

I smile, if it was someone else I would be angry but it is her so it amuses me. I never got angry at her. '' Well you didn't mind before.'' '' Well it was before, now everything has changed.'' She said sadly. She is sad that we are not together. '' Now it is wrong'' She continues. Wrong? '' It is not wrong, it is right completely right. It Is just not the good time.I will fix everything between of us. I promise you.'' I told her.

'' You can't fix anything Ezra because it was you who ruined everything.'' She said crying. Shit, I made her cry now. Good one Knight. '' Stop crying sunshine. I can't bear it you know.'' '' No I don't know'' She said still crying. '' If you don't stop crying I will do something you don't want.'' I said '' You would what?''

'' I will come to your house right now,'' I told her. I would seriously come to her home if she does not stop crying.

She was quiet then finally she replied. '' Here I am not crying anymore. '' '' Goodnight then sunshine. Sleep well. Don't forget to have a sweet or dirty dream about me.'' I told her with a smile. '' I won't. And goodnight.'' She said flatly.

I can't wait for tomorrow. You are the light of my life, Elena. My last thought was Elena before I went to sleep.

Author note

Hey guys, that was the longest chapter that I wrote. Hope you enjoyed it. I know It was pretty boring this one. 

Don't forget to vote and comment.Love you guys.