Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"The baby." My hands went straight to my stomach and all of a sudden I began to weep.

"Bosco I... I... I..." I was at a loss for words.

"Going to tell me?" He stood there. He shifted his body, as if to make himself look in control of his emotions, but I could see right through him. His dreamy eyes said it all. He was heart broken. Oh my, he doesn't want the baby! I had been lying to myself this whole time.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be upset with you," he walked towards me, "I've just never lost a child before."

"What?" I began to panic. I smoothed my hands across my stomach multiple of times as if checking if my child was there.

"When you fell. You lost the..."

"What!" Now I understood why I had begun to weep. I subconsciously knew what had happened. Then, I remembered it all. The blood, the screams, the tears, the fall.

"You didn't know," he whispered to himself. Then he sped towards me from his position across the room and held me in his arms as I vigorously weeped. My baby! My child! How could this have happened to me."

"I...I...I..."

"Shhh. Don't speak, my love. Relax, calm down. I'm sorry." He smoothed my hair out of my face, behind my ear. He kissed my forehead and stroked my cheek. "It'll all be fine I promise."

I began to calm down and slowed my breathing down.

"I want to speak to the doctor'" I whispered into him. I didn't really. I didn't want to hear about my dead child at all. But it was essential for me to.

"Sure. I'll go get him, stay here. I'll be back in a minute." He let go of me carefully and lay me down. I blankly stared at the ceiling as I waited. I had lost life from within me. I feel... Empty.

"Miss?" The doctor gently knocked on the dorm trying not to alarm me. "I know you're in shock, so are you sure you want to talk about this now?"

"Yes." I glared at him. It wasn't his fault, but why couldn't he save my baby!

"Well, Miss, you see..." He was nervous. He must have understood the reason for my glare.

"I'm sorry. It's not your fault. What happened?" I whispered.

"Miss, you had a miscarriage." The words cut me open. Attempting to keep my calm, a held my breath. "It's very common, especially due to stress. Bosco, um, informed me that you might have been worried that he fathered a child he was not going to accept. And he suggested that's what might have made you stressed."

"Will it happen again?"

"I can't assure you that it won't.." Tears began to roll down my cheeks. "But, it's not a genetic disorder or anything. You are perfectly able to have children. Just as long as you prepare." He tried to say that as sweetly as possible, though those words cut through me and I began to weep.

He walked towards me as if to embrace me, but I couldn't take anyone touching me. "I'm sorry. I just.. I"

"It's fine I understand. I am very sorry for your loss." Weigh that, he walked out of the room and soon after, Bosco walked in.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I just need some time alone'" I spat out. Poor him, it wasn't his fault but I was just so heartbroken!

"As you wish. Call me if you need anything, alright?" He looked at me with a weary expression as he waited for my answer. I diverted my eyes and kept silent. He sighed and left. My bottom lip began to tremble and my eyes stung. Everything around me looked so dull and lifeless. Like me. Was their a point anymore? I don't know how women who have endured this can live on. It's the most painful, heartbreaking, sickening thing I've felt and i just no longer have the ability to go on. What is the point? If I wanted the child dead I would have killed it myself.

I was so mad that I picked up the pillow and threw it across the room. It hit a vase, and as it began to fall, I got up. And just as the vase crashed to the floor so did I. I couldn't breathe. I was just so... So.. So... There are no words to describe the pain I endured.

Bosco rushed into the room after heart the noise. "Lavender!" He ran towards me and lifted me up.

"Let me go." I spat. "I don't want this anymore!many of it! My life, my home! Any of it! It's just a reminder of the life I lost."

He placed me onto the bed, upright and looked at me sternly. "Listen here, ok? Look at me!" He forced my head up. "What happened to you is none of your fault. It's nature and there's a valuable reason behind it."

"I hate it when people tell me that, Bosco. There is no good reason to endure pain such as this," I cried.

"There is. And you may not know it now, but it will build you and mould you into your future self; who will be strong, powerful and all the more beautiful than she is now because of what she went through. Ok?"

"Why us Bosco? Why? Did we do something wrong?"

"Bad things happen to everyone. Even the good. It's our attitude towards those bad things that make us who we are. Darling," he smiled, "we will get through this. You hear?"

I loved his smile. It lightened everything up for me. "Yes sir," I chuckled. All of it was gone. The pain, the emptiness, all of it. Just by looking into his eyes, my body filled with life and happiness. I felt whole again.

"Kiss me."

He leaned in and held still, less than inches away from my lips, as if to take in the moment. And then he did. And it was beautiful.

***

A/N: short, but truly simple. You know what they say, 'love is simple'. One of the most quickest updates I've done in forever! But I felt inspired. Hopefully I can keep up this good work. Thank you all so much for the support. It means more than the world to me. I love you all xoxo