Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

It had been a couple weeks after the 'accident'. Bosco and I don't talk about it, and no one knows. But when I'm not with him, that's all I can think about and it scares me that, if anything were to separate the two of us, I would be hollow.

He showered me with gifts and love; I assume he saw right through me. I suppose he was just trying to distract me with happiness. But nothing can fill in this gaping hole. I've lost a part of me.

"Are you alright, sweetheart?"

"I'm fine honey." I spoke too quietly. I had just been imagining what she would have looked like. I assumed it was a girl, with brown smoldering eyes like her father's; full lips and rosy cheeks. Her hair would curl down to her shoulders, with tints of blonde being caressed by the sunlight.

In my thoughts she was playing in the sun, in a meadow. Her laugh would echo through the wood and the birds would dance to its rhythm. Oh, my beautiful daughter.

"Darling. Baby, please tell me."

"What do you think she would have looked like?" I smiled at him.

"As beautiful as her mother. My eyes, her lips. Her wavy hair..." He trailed on and on and I felt warmth all of a sudden. This man thought like me. I may have lost a part of me but so did he. And with our losses together, we do not stand alone.

My heart filled up and without even thinking I cut his imagination short and pressed my lips onto his firmly. He lay back and held me in his arms. Between breaths, he whispered, "I love you Lavender."

And there it was. The solution to my emptiness. I missed my child, but I was no longer empty! And it only took a matter of weeks? Surely, the gods are in my favor. But this is all too good. Call me a Cherophobic, but I was weary. Wouldn't one prefer to be prepared than unprepared for failure? I certainly was and am one of those people. Loosing Bosco frightened me.

___________________________________________________________________

"Hey, could you take these to the printer and get me two copies?" Handing Meg a copy of the meeting schedule.

"Sure! And when I get back, you have to tell me why you've got this glow-like thing going on." She waved her hands around gesturing to me.

"Her you go!" She was back in a jiffy! "Now, tell me. Are you pregnant?" She gave me a pointed look. I always imagined that question would sting or crumble my heart into pieces but it didn't. Instead it reminded me of the wonderful man in my life. The man who filled my soul with his light , bathing me in his beauty.

"No," I chuckled. "I'm just happy, I guess."

"No I've seen you happy! And that was after numerous tequila shots sweetheart." She winked. "This is.... This is new!"

I laughed at that memory. I was so plastered that I told everyone I was he happiest person in the world and danced like a lunatic. I also had just made out with a high school senior and, well... That's a story for another time

"Ok, yes! Tequila makes me happy! But, I don't know this isn't just a buzz. It's like, everlasting."

She chuckled, "No! Stephen Mkenzie makes you happy!" She winked.

"Who's Stephen Mkenzie?" Bosco walked inside the room and almost immediately, Meg stood up, and zipped her lips with her fingers and walked off.

"Well?" He smiled.

"Uh, he was a high school senior that I kissed back in the day, when I was totally high off my horse." I blushed.

"Hmm, I someone blushing?" I tried my best to hide my face but Bosco lifted it to his with his finger. "I be he doesn't make you feel like I do," he whispered. His hot breathe pinched my skin as he breathed heavily. "He pulled me closer with his other arm, pressing our bodies intently. Inches away from my lips, I could feel his nearing.

"There," he smirked. "You're as red as a tomato," he said pulling away. Ugh! "And I didn't even kiss you. Shows how talented I am." His smirk was so sexy, I really don't know what came over him, but this bad guy thing he's got going on really excites me. It's so... Erotic. Maybe jealousy is the trigger. 'Hmm, I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one,' I thought to myself.

"Excuse me, but if you're done teasing me, I have work to do."

"You're excused beautiful," he took a seat in my chair and swung it round to face me, smirking. "I just wanted to drop by and tell you that you are going for dinner with me tonight."

A plot grew in my head. I seductively walked towards him and leaned in closely, our faces only inches apart. I slowly tilted my head and brushed my lips across his cheek bone to his ear (where he adjusted in the seat, attempting to remove the shivers and hide his excitement) and whispered, "Sorry, I have plans tonight," and walked put of the room, grabbing my files and suitcase. Hah! Payback's a bitch.

**

A/N:

So this chapter is just an experiment. Extremely short but I was keen to try out the whole contrast between romance and a bit of bad ass. It also gave me an opportunity to introduce a new side of Bosco, which you are all going to meet soon. Little by little ;)

Also to me, this is just a bit of a filler; you know can't be having too much going on.

Not that I update on a regular ANYWAY, but I am just letting you know that it might be a while. I'll try my best to keep up with my not so good updates anyway :')

Lots of love and HAPPY NEW YEAR!