Chapter 10 - Bad Idea Dubb

Ash POV

It's the end of PE, sad kind of. In PE I get the chance to make fun of the weaklings. Ha! Is what I say to them. I waltzed into the locker room, internally laughing at their jumping back from me. It's nice to have a reputation, I guess. I'm popular, athletic, and probably better than you, LOL. I went to my locker and quickly changed before I walked over to Joseph. Joseph or Stampy as his friends, well more appropriately his friend, singular notice, called him. I walked over and saw him sitting reading a book. I pushed people out of the way, my eyes on Joseph. Woah hold up. Before I beat this loser up, just know, my dad died when I was six and my mom barely leaves her room. I work four jobs just to pay the rent. So when I skip school it's not because I'm off graffitiing some building, or burning the homes of orphans, both, of which, I haven't done, it's because I need to earn more money to help my mom. I behave like a horrible person to make myself feel better. Ah well, back to Stampy. "Hey, nerd!" I said as I knocked the book out of Joseph's hand. He struggled to get up, scrambling at benches and lockers. I laughed.

"Oh, Ash! I don't know what this is about, but can't we just get along?" Stampy tried to reason with me. Oh well, too bad.

"What this is about Stam-py," I said his silly nickname mockingly, "is you friend punching my eye!" My voice continuously rising. 

"I didn't know about that!" Stampy sounded genuinely oblivious, I believed him. Once again. Too bad. I kicked his knee and watched as he sank down. His hands were up protecting his head. I was about to kick his stomach, but I was pulled away and turned around. 

"Oi, Mate! What do you think you're doing?" I was face to face with David Spencer, and he looked mad. 

"What I'm doing is teaching this nerd a lesson! If you've got a problem with that, I suggest you get out!" I spit in David's face at the end.   

"Bad idea, Dubb." I was about to say some sort of witty remark, but David pushed me up against the locked and held me there. Spencer might be the only kid in the school that is as strong as me. I punched his stomach, and he dropped me.

Stampy POV 

I was about to get pummeled by Ash when Squid suddenly saved me! I was so grateful! Now they were fighting each other. Ash punched Squid stomach, so Squid dropped him and put his hands up. Ash tried to deliver another blow to Squid, but Squid blocked. Squid did a swift uppercut and jabbed at Ash's jaw. This was getting bad, Ash's lip was cut and bleeding. Go Squid! I wanted to get out, but I also wanted to see how this fight would end. Ash looked weak. Finish him off Squid! Squid pushed Ash up against the locker again.

Ash POV

Pushed against the locker, I struggled to get free, but I was weak. My jaw felt numb, and my fists felt like they were on fire.

"Look, Ash," David was right up against me, talking straight into my ear, "Don't mess with Stampy  or anyone for that matter." David dropped me to the floor where I crumbled up, pathetically.

Squid POV

Bullies like this are the worst. Stampy had been hurt by Ash once and he wasn't going to be hurt again. I helped up Stampy from the floor and was then bombarded with a sea of thank yous. 

"You have no idea how thankful I am, Squid!" Said Stampy.

"Mate, I couldn't just watch you in pain." Then I held out my hand to him, he took it and we briefly hugged. I could tell that Stamps and I would be friends.

Hey guys! I kind of ship Stampy and Squid now. Don't get your hopes up, no cannon will be fired. Well anywho, thanks for reading this, and I'll try to update soon. I hope you enjoyed!

>:D River