Chapter 24 - Nothing Fake

~Time skip to lunch~

Lee POV

I sat down in my normal spot at the lunch table. The hard, fake wooden table could fit eight but currently only three people occupied it. Me, Stamps, and a girl that sat on the opposite end alone.

"Hellooo Lee!" Stampy said cheerfully, a wide grin covering his face.

"Hi? You seem chipper," I responded. Yeah, sure. Stampy was always happy. Suddenly Stampy's face darkened and a frown replaced his smile. 

Ash POV

I absolutely must apologize to Stampy, I mean, I could have caused serious damage, and I probably did. A wave of guilt smacked me in the face. I got up from my spot where I usually sat with my 'friends'. They were just as bad as me.

Squid POV

I didn't really feel like sitting with my usual group, they were doing the bottle flip, which, in my honest opinion, is stupid. So I walked over to Stampy's table. He was kind and considerate, something my table group wasn't. Stampy was sitting there with another boy. I think his name is Lee, yes Lee Rodgers. Wait, he was the one who punched Ash. I could tell I was going to like him.

I navigated my way to the table when...

"Hey Ash, what are you doing here?" I asked. Ugh, Ash. If he was hear to hurt Stampy, I will, well, I will do something about that.

"I'm here to apologize to Stampy and Lee," He calmly responded. I raised an eyebrow as I glared at the bully.

Stampy POV

Ash was trying to apologize? I don't believe that for a second. Thankfully, Squid was here to take care of it.

"Yes, I know you probably don't believe me." He took a look at our faces, "Okay, you definitely don't believe, but I'm here to say sorry, to all of you really." We didn't say anything, well, except for Lee's scoff.

"Well then, go ahead," Squid said. He crossed his arms and kept his steady glare on Lee.

"Thanks David. Well, I guess I should start with you." Ash turned to face me, a soft sparkle in his eyes, he certainly did not look menacing, "Joseph, you're the smartest kid in all of your classes, and for that I hurt you. I'm being honest when I say that I'm sorry. Sorry for knocking our papers out in the halls. Sorry for yelling at you, when it was really my fault. Sorry for calling you a nerd, which is just code for 'smarter than me,'" That made me smile. The look in his eyes made it clear that this apology was genuine. "And, most of all, I'm sorry for trying to beat you up, you're too kind, and I shouldn't have done that."

I turned to face Lee and saw that his mouth was wide open. I took a deep breath, choosing my words wisely, "Thanks for that, Ash." He smiled at me, a true, honest smile. Nothing fake, or forced about it. I decided something, right then and there. Ash was going to be my friend.

Hey Guys! Okay so, lets get down to business. To defeat the Huns. I'm sorry, congrats if you understood that reference. Love that movie. Folks, this is real news. What I'm going to do to avoid not updating during the holidays is this. I'm going to put out four chapters on this story, and the first chapter on my new book, which is NOT the Hogwarts one. Sorry if you were looking forward to it, but I'm doing a different one. It's simple, but I hope it's good. By Friday everything will be out, so yeah. My birthday is January 15th so I'll have a special message on my profile. Well then, I hope you enjoyed that chapter!

>:D River

P.S. This is the first out of the four chapters, and I probably won't have time to update in between this chapter and Christmas so... Happy Christmas(Or whatever you celebrate!) and a Merry New Year!