Chapter 16 - Unexpected

Sqaishey POV

It was getting late, yeesh, 8:30. I've been at Stampy's place for quite a while, although it only felt like half an hour. We laughed, played our instruments, played games and Minecraft as well. We didn't get much done in ways of school work, but oh well. "Hey! Sorry, but I think not!" I, nearly, shouted. We were playing ping pong and Stampy smacked the ball as hard as he could and, no surprise, he got the point. Let's just say that he is far more experienced than me.

Stampy looked smug as he said, "Well, Sqaish, the score is 11 to 1, and I don't think your score will be passing mine anytime soon." I raised my eyebrow, half amused, half judgemental.

"Don't get too cheeky!" I said. I served the ball and gently hit it lightly over the net. Stampy casually knocked the ball back to me, just as lightly as I did to him. Ah yes. My strategy is working. I hit the ball as hard as physically possible, trying to make the ball go straight, not up. Stampy looked shocked as the ball flew past him. "Ha!" I exclaimed. Stampy looked down sadly, before looking back up at me and smiling. He did a mock bow and applauded. I bowed to while Stampy made cheering sounds. 

"Wooooo, go Sqaishey!" Said Stampy, cupping his hands around his mouth.

"I know, I know," I replied. 

"Is that your phone?" Stampy said, distracted. I heard a faint buzzing.

"Yeah, I think. One second, let me check." I walked over to my bag and pulled out my phone. Yep, it was ringing. Oh no, it's not my dad is it. My heart skipped a beat, struck with fear. What would he do if he found out that I was out this late with a friend, a boy none the less, I looked at the screen. It was just Emily. I sighed a sigh of relief as I answered.

"Hey Beth! Where are you?" She asked. What do I say? Yeah, I'm just with my soul mate. No. Ermm, I'm with a friend. Maybe. I'm doing homework. Nah. I'm with a friend it is.

"I'm just at a friends house," I answered.

"Oh really? You're not here."

"Why would I be at your house?" I asked, confused.

"Beth!"

"What?"

"You were supposed to be at my place at eight for our sleepover." I had totally forgotten about Emily! Oh dear. I don't really want to leave Stampy's, but I had already promised Emily.

"Oh Em, I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine. You'll be here right?" 

"Yeah, it's just I have no way of getting there."

"You didn't drive?"

"Nope." And yes, I have a car. My family can afford it, I prefer to walk everywhere, though. 

"I'll pick you up. Where are you?" 

"I'm at my house." I lied. I started getting my stuff together and pulled on my jacket and shoes. Stampy looked very alarmed. 'I have to go' I mouthed. Stampy furrowed his eyebrow.

"I thought you were at a friends house?" Said Emily.

"Did I? Nevermind I'm at my house you can pick me up!"

"Kay, I'll be there in a second!"

"Okay bye!" I hung up quickly. "I have to go. I'm supposed to be at a friends house and she doesn't know that I'm here. She's going to pick me up at my house, but as you can see, I'm not there."

"I see." Stampy looked disappointed. "I don't have a car but I do have roller skates so that you can make it to your house asap!" Said Stampy enthusiastically.

"Perfect!" I exclaimed. "You're so understanding Stamps, thank you!" He reached into his closet at pulled out a pair of silver roller stakes and held them out to me. I took them out of his hand and dashed out of the room, down the stairs, only stopping to pull on the skates. Stampy ran down the steps behind me, "I'll call you tomorrow!" I said. I kissed his cheek and left quickly. Did I just kiss him? I guess, I shouldn't have done that. I mean, we're just friends, in his eyes at least. The roller skates were perfect. I learned how to skate at a young age and had loved it ever since. I was practically a pro. Luckily, no uphill, all down. Wait is that my house? Yep, I nearly zoomed straight past. I skidded to a halt and took off the skates. It was nearly pitch black, stars twinkled in the sky above. Just in time! Emily's silver Mercedes pulled into the drive way and Em stepped out. She beckoned for me to hop in, so I did. 

Our sleepover was normal. Emily didn't say I was acting weird or anything, didn't even ask a question. Convenient really. Although I didn't sleep well at all. Fear of my Dad finding out about Stampy circulated through my mind. I wish I was with Stamps right now.

Hey Guys! I don't have anything to say. My life is actually really boring. Yeah, that's it. I'll try to update soon, but it will probably be a while.

>:D River