Chapter 11

[Flamefur's POV]

I worked in sync with Midnightstar as we battled against Bearstar. I clawed at his face and he ducked only to get swatted by Midnightstar. He flinched and back up a little more. There wasn't that much more room for him to back up. He growled and launched himself at me instead of backing up more. It surprised me for a second but I remembered my training with my clan and the Dark Forest with Metalclaw and dodged to the side just enough and scorched my claws down his left flank.

The brown tom gasped with the deep wound on his side. He stumbled just a little but quickly regained his balance and went to leap at me. I leaped back at him in the air. It was the wrong idea since was a lot heavy even if I did have the more energy. He pushed me against the ground and tried to pin me down but Midnightstar pushed him off and clawed at him with both of her front paws aiming at his eyes.

Her claws finally hit the bullseye and I quickly took my opportunity to go and attack his neck. That was a mistake since another warrior jumped in my way and blocked me off by scoring her claws down my left eye. I hissed and battled against the shecat. I tried to focus on her but it was a lot harder with one eye.

I closed both of my eyes for the time being. I was not going down easy. I listened to the sound of her swiping and tried to avoid getting hit but it didn't work. The longer I waited the more I got hit. I felt the blood dripping down my pelt. Midnightstar couldn't help since she was busy with Bearstar.

I opened both of my eyes, the left being all red but it helped a little more and found my opponent and went to strike. This one had to be young since she was quick and dodged and attacked my stomach just barely scratching the surface. I rolled away wanting to stop this fight soon. My good eye scanned the area. Everyone was battling with all their hearts, even Creampaw. I had to do the same.

Left, left, jump, twist, strike. My thoughts surrounded me calming me down. I charged at the shecat dodging to the left as she went to swipe. She swiped again and I went left again then jumped she went to scratch at my belly since it was an easy target and that's when I twisted. She was surprised but kept her attack coming. I bit onto her paw and landed. She twisted and I shook my head with her paw still in my mouth the warm blood oozing out into my mouth.

The shecat whimpered and I let go glaring down to her. She shrunk back under my gaze and quickly went to leave the camp. I looked and saw Midnightstar laying on the ground with a deep scratch down her stomach and blood pooling around her. Bearstar was above her going to bite her neck and finish the fight. I growled. I wasn't going to let this happen!

I ran toward Bearstar but he noticed me and raised his paw ready to strike me. I couldn't dodge in time and his claws went down my face. I closed both of my eyes. They stung. I wasn't going to give up and let Midnightstar die yet. I launched myself into the air wanting to get onto his back just to knock his balance off. He moved to the side so I jumped too far. I landed with an oof and flinched at the pain that surrounded me.

I was defeated. There was no way I could keep going like this. My paw felt like it was twisted and I could barely see. Midnightstar was going to die any moment.

Are you really giving up Flamefur? You never gave up. You have turned soft since leaving us just as Metalclaw has. Your kit is a million times stronger then you will ever be. She will be an actual leader unlike you and lead her clan to victory after victory. You are pathetic. Now get back up and defeat Bearstar! A sickening voice hissed in my head. I knew the voice.

It was Bloodtear easily. I could recognize the sickness in his voice no matter what. I couldn't believe that he was saying that I had to get back up, or even talking to me anymore. I thought he hated me now since I left the Dark Forest. I wanted to get up. I really did, but I just couldn't. My body was too weak.

Flamefur, you have to get up. You just have to! Don't let Midnightstar die. This is your fight, now own it. Don't let your clanmates be defeated. They are all fighting their hardest because of what you said. They are fighting with all of their heart, now get up and do the same! Another voice encouraged me on in my head. I knew that was Bluesnow. That shecat could be so stubborn sometimes.

Don't be the weak kit that Halfkit always joked about. Show him that you are strong! Show all of SmallClan that you are more powerful then them and DepthClan will prevail! A third voice said. This one had a mother tone. It had to be Shadow. She was the only one that knew about Halfkit and how he teased me except my siblings.

Come on my love, fight for me. Fight for your clan! Don't be defeated that easily! You can do this, you just have to get up! Blackbriar's soft yet powerful voice said. I growled to myself and pushed myself up using my good paws. I knew this was not going to be good for me but I was going to keep battling for my friends, my family, and my clan because I promised that I would always defend DepthClan from everyone even if it cost my life, and I was going to do that now.

-----------------

A heartwarming Flamefur chapter because we all need her sometimes. I got a couple more chapters to get done today so I'm going to keep these short and get back to writing so I can make it by Halloween. I hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to leave a comment or a vote!