Chapter 7

[Nightstorm's POV]

I was out on patrol today. We were heading to the DepthClan border to check it. After we were done with that, our leader said we could go hunting just because it was almost bareleaf so we needed the prey. I scented the air then quickly followed after Drawffern, Fallenjay, and Swiftriver as they were in the lead.

My mind focused on protecting my clan. They were the only home I had ever known. They protected me since I was young. I remembered the day Shadow left our clan. I was just a little kit at the time. I asked her once why she always stayed in the nursery with no kits. She replied that it was because she knew her kits would come back one day.

I watched as she grew up a little more, her fur starting to change a little even if it wasn't that noticeable. As each day passed she got up less and less. Soon, she barely would get out of her nest. It looked as if she was miserable. A few days before I was going to turn into an apprentice, she made an announcement and left the clan without another word. Our leader at the time, Heatstar, was broken.

Heatstar barely came in the camp after that. He spent most of his days alone in the forest looking for her. That was the end of him. He appointed a new leader, that was Bearstar, and left the clan without another word. The next day we found his body mangled by a fox or a dog.

After that, those two were soon forgotten by the older warriors, but I remembered them. I remembered when they were full of life and joy. I remembered when Shadow smiled and didn't sulk. I remembered when Heatstar lead the clan with confidence and did not hide away looking for his lost love. SmallClan was happy back then, we are still happy but it's different. The air around the clan, it just feels different. I can't explain it, I just know it in my heart.

I also remember the day that Blackbriar left. It wasn't that long ago after Shadow left. He said he wanted to go and help her find her kits. I begged him not to leave, but he ignored me. He seemed like he was different. I watched his sister. She was full of life. Even some of the older warriors said he wasn't always like that. They said he was full of life at one time too. That was before the day that the five were taken away from our clan.

The older warriors always said that he liked one of the five more then anything else. After she was taken away, he became a solemn cat. He barely talked to anyone and looked a lot scarier. He became a blank figure once they left. Once Shadow said she was leaving, something sparked in him. He decided that he was going to go as well and help her. They were never seen again after that.

I never personally got to meet the five when I was younger, but I heard stories from the older warriors that they were even more energetic then the other kits. They protected each other at all costs. They were suppose to come back to our clan and protect it. They never came and some warriors gave up hope. I kept my hope, wanting to meet them.

When I was a warrior and Metalclaw came to the clan saying he knew Flamefur, who used to be Flamekit, I knew they were still safe. I just wished Shadow and Blackbriar had stayed long enough to come back with us to find them.

Now, I have met most of the five. The one is a leader, one used to be a leader, one is a deputy, one is a great warrior, and the last is dead. I look up to them still.

Silverstar, his heart is full of warmth and kindness toward his clan and other warriors, including his siblings and SmallClan. He protects his clan and watches over it with all his heart. He listens to the other clan's problems and decided how to help based off what he knows. He really is a spectacular leader.

Flamefur, she is a rowdy little warrior just like the older warriors said she was. She is usually one to make trouble happen somehow. She has calmed down a little bit since having kits, I would guess.

Cheetahpelt, he's a lot more quieter then I would have thought. The older warriors said he used to be a little louder but now that he's deputy, he must be staying quiet and watching. He seems like someone that would know everything about you. He watches quietly waiting for you to say something wrong.

Tigerstripe, he must have came out of his shell because he know walks and talks with boldness. The older warriors said he was always quiet and withdrawn hiding behind his siblings. This Tigerstripe was different. He is the one protecting his siblings that stayed behind him.

Bluesnow, even if she's dead, I've heard some things about her. I heard she was the shecat that stopped the battles before they happened, until the day she was taken over by something else. Then, she was the one to start the battles. I wished she was still alive so I could meet her.

"Nightstorm, go south. Fallenjay, you go north. Swiftriver and I will stay here and watch." Drawffern said snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded and headed toward the south to mark the border down there.

I padded down making sure the border was scented when I scented another cat. I scanned the area and saw nothing. I could have been imagining stuff. I was a little tired. It had been a long day. The leave rustled behind me and I turned my head. I knew someone was here now.

"Show yoursel-" I started to growl then I felt claws ripping at my throat. I saw a small little black and brown blur then I felt as if I couldn't breath.

"That's what you get." A voice scuffed.

-------------------

Little bit of the old SmallClan. You probably know who it was so I won't bother saying anything. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and wish me luck cuz I have to write 5 more chapters today to stay on track. Lucky me. Don't forget to comment or leave a vote!