Chapter 12: Cabin

Peter's P.O.V.

When I woke up in excitement, I immediately ran upstairs. My mother was already getting everything ready for the trip.

"Let's go!"

I said a little too loud as I went over to Wanda who was annoyed by my comment.

"Ruthie couldn't come?"

I bent down to comfort her on the couch.

"No, her parents wouldn't let her."

"I'm sorry Wanda, we are still going to have fun there."

"I hope so..."

"C'mon let's get going."

I helped her up and walked with her outside to the car. My mother had this big van she renovated for big trips that we were going to use to drive up to the cabin. We didn't get to use it that often and this was a great excuse to use it. Y/n's family was already loading the van when Wanda and I walked out. But where was y/n? She should be tackling me in excitement right about now. Suddenly, Clare and Lorna came out of nowhere and hugged both of my legs.

"What are you two doing?"

They both exchanged a look with lots of giggles.

"You should go look inside the van."

Lorna giggled out before they ran into the van suspiciously. I followed them in to see y/n totally passed out. She was laying on one of the cushioned benches on the side with her head in a pile of drool. Lorna and Clare bolted out of the van in a hurry as their giggles trailed behind them. Why was she so tired? She redid her packing didn't she? What an idiot. I moved a strand of hair away from her face. Damn she was a beautiful mess. Then I ran inside to get some paper towels to clean up her pool of drool. Then I slowly moved her chin up to close her mouth. I quickly threw all my bags in the van before going back to y/n. I lifted her up to a sitting position and laid her head on my shoulder. As I placed a soft kiss on her forehead, the rest of our families started coming into the van to get ready to go. I guess she won't know the surprise until she wakes up.

Your P.O.V.

Your eyes fluttered open to see Wanda sitting across from you with your little brother, Travis, on her lap. What? You lifted your head up to see your mom sitting in the passenger seat next to the driver's seat where Peter's mom was driving. Then you looked to our side where Clare and Lorna were joyfully playing together.

"You almost slept through the whole car ride."

You glanced over to the other side of you to see Peter smiling at you.

"Who... what's going on?"

"Your mom invited my family to come along with your family to the cabin."

You looked back over at your mom in shock.

"Yeah honey the cabin is huge! It's okay that I invited them right?"

"Yes! Yes!"

Peter started laughing next to you at your excitement. Then the van came to a stop.

"Okay! We're here!"

Peter's mom shouted as she jumped out of the van. As you all filed out of the van you all saw a gigantic cabin. Your mom was right about this cabin being way too big for just your own family. This was going to be a fun two weeks. Peter stood next to you in awe.

"We get two more weeks together before you leave."

"Then the rest of our lives right?"

He smiled as he looked around to make sure no one was watching you guys before giving you a quick kiss. Then you both started walking up to the cabin when your mom ran up to you.