BLOOM

| AND SHE STRETCHED UP TO HEAVEN, SCRAPING THE CEILING OF THE SKY JUST TO GET CLOSER TO THE TRUTH. WHAT SHE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WAS THAT THE TRUTH WAS ALREADY AT HER FINGERTIPS.|
♠♣♠
-----

seed.
She was born in ice.
And she emerged from it like the sweetest of crocuses, with hands like soft lilies and eyes like fire.
Her teeth were dandelion seeds, careless wishes, and her laughter like the whisper of grass in the dewy morning. Her heart was a wildflower.

rosebud.
She ran free through the trees and past the fence and up and over the rules, and she had baby's breath intertwined with her curls, and in her fist she clutched lightning.
And her eyes were like fire, and she opened them in wonder and saw dragons and magic hidden between the folds of her garden. She was a queen, she reigned over the flowers with thunder.
When shadows trembled around her shoulders, she grabbed it, and when it tried to escape through the cracks between her fingers, it came like light.

full bloom.
Her roots were older now, but her wildflower heart was the same. And she saw wonderful, terrible things, and she'd spell them out in blood and nectar and leave it out in the sun for the faeries to read.
She flowered wildly, uncontrollably, with reckless abandon, and she saw greedily and hungrily, and the world was hers and she was still a queen who ruled over it with thunder.

browned leaves.
She was born amongst the weeds, and she'd die amongst the weeds. And even if she was alone, she was content. She understood that all that really mattered was not her crown of baby's breath or the youth she tried so desperately to hold onto, it was her eyes of fire and wildflower heart. It was the way she perceived the world, and in this way, she died a young, careless queen who ruled over her garden with thunder.

| I ROSE AND I FELL, AND IT'S REALLY QUITE SIMPLE. |