ALYSSUM

| ALYSSUM: WORTH BEYOND BEAUTY. |
♠♣♠

There is a line between the wisps of gold clouds and where they touch the earth. It is mine.

I am of pale sky and dew in the early morning. I am glass, I am fragile and translucent — I am handmade by God.
I chase the horizon and allow the gold light of the sun to soak into my eyes and reverberate through my bones.

I can splay my fingers across the night and pull away with stardust on my fingers. I am nebula of color and light, I am the emptiness of a black hole.

The autumn air weaves itself through my hair and tells me stories of the different worlds I am meant to rule. I whisper about the rise and fall of empires past and yet to come, and they ripple before my eyes like sand.

I am not meant for this world. I am not meant for reality. We indulge ourselves in the grey drudgery of the streets and the smoke rising from the metal tops of buildings — but that is not who we are.

I am not maths and pretty lipsticks and shoes that are nice but not too flashy. I am more, we are all more.

And while I wait for the world to understand the embroidered legends emblazoned on my skin, I kill myself. I lose the most precious thing of all— my own soul.