Untitled Part 8

MaryAnn's POV

there she was. our beautiful baby girl. our six pound two ounce baby girl. 21 inches long. she has the most beautiful reddish brown hair just like her daddy and his green eyes. she's absolutely perfect. peter held her looking into her eyes like he does mine. he had the biggest smile on his face. he's going to be a great daddy. he already loves her so much. theres no way to explain how you can love something so little and that you've only known for 5 minutes so much. i snapped my finger and all the pain was gone. i sat up and reached for my baby. she will only be this little for about 3 days. peter said after 3 days she will become a 2 year old and stop growing at 3. i held her close, skin to skin. i decided to try and see if i could get my phone to work. i took a picture of all of us together and sent it to my parents. i nursed the baby and peter could tell i was getting tired so he took the baby and put her in the crib. he crawled in bed beside me and we fell asleep. 

when we woke up there was a 2 year old standing in the crib looking at us. i walked slowly over to the crib and she smiled and reached for me. "Mama" she said with the sweetest little voice. i picked her up and looked at peter. "she's growing faster than we expected" he said. "is there something wrong" i asked a little worried. "no its the magic. by tonight her body will be used to it and she won't grow much more." he told me. i sighed and laid her on the bed. i changed her diaper and put her in some clothes that actually fit her. i went to pull out some clothes and i heard peter snap. i turned around and she was dressed like a little lost girl. i smiled and he picked her up. he threw her up in the air and caught her. she squealed in delight and i giggled to myself. he put her on his shoulders and we walked out of the tent. felix gasped at how big she had gotten already. we sat down for breakfast and peter sat her in his lap. i was a little jealous because thats where i always sit. he's been paying a lot of attention to her. i mean i know thats our daughter but its like I'm fading. after we ate i told peter i was going to shower while he played with Tiger Lilly. he said okay not even paying attention. i walked into the tent and climbed into the shower.

 i turned on the hot water and sat down.i sat under the water holding my arm in my other hand and let out a shaky breath. the tears started to fall but you couldn't tell. i thought to myself that he's going to forget about me. I'm fading from him. he tries not to do it but its happening. I'm fading and he doesn't care. i sat in the shower under the water crying. i felt invisible. i heard my name and looked up around the curtain. felix was standing in the room. i turned off the water and snapped and i was dry and dressed. i wiped my eyes putting on a smile. "oh hey felix." i said. "whats wrong" he asked me. "and don't lie". i looked at his and a tear started trying to slide from my left eye and he opened his arms. i walked into them and he held me tight to his chest. i shivered from the feeling of his warmth and started to cry. i told him how i felt between sobs and he just held me tighter. "i knew this would happen" he said softly. "what would" i asked. "peter. he drew you in and when he starts to back off like he does it breaks you. it slowly and painfully breaks you." he said. felix sensed peter coming and ran out of the tent. i wiped my eyes and smiled when he walked in holding a sleeping Lilly. he laid her in the crib and smiled. "she fell asleep when we were playing hide and seek." he said. i smiled at him acting like everything was okay, but it reality, it's not. it's not okay.