Chapter 23

Erin's POV

I spent a week in the hospital.

I spent a week in the hospital, away from Holtzmann.

No. Not because the doctors have declared her a danger to me.

But because she felt it would be best.

She basically broke up with me. I haven't received any texts, calls, or notes from Holtzmann in the past six days and it fucking hurts.

I ask myself every second of every day I go without seeing "Did I do something wrong?"

But every single time, nothing comes to my mind.

I see Patty and Abby every single day and I always ask about Holtzmann no matter what.

"Uhh.. She's great. Perfectly fine. She wants to see you Erin, I promise." Patty always tells me as she puts her hand on my belly and gives it a comforting rub.

Wants but isn't.

Holtzmann wants to be here. But I guess she can't find enough time in her day to actually see me.

I can not believe that I feel for someone like her. She's obviously such a lady killer. She probably got bored of the fat and old, Dr. Erin Gilbert and moved onto the next girl of her dreams.

But today's the day where they release me from the hospital and I can finally go home. I can get ready for my baby.

I can finally get ready for my new life.

The nurse brings in a bag of my belongs that I had when they admitted me. Which consists of clothes, my purse, all the contents inside my purse, and the wedding ring Holtzmann bought me after I proposed to her because she felt 'bad' that I didn't have one.

I get changed back into the clothes I was admitted in, put everything back into my purse, and throw the wedding ring into my pocket. When I finally have the chance to look up I see Abby, Patty, and Holtzmann all starring at me through the window.

I roll my eyes as I grab my purse and make my way to the door.

I go to turn the knob to get out and look up to see Holtzmann with her nose pressed up against the small glass window making goofy faces at me. Normally I would laugh, but today I just can't. Not after she neglected me for a week when I needed her most.

I open the door swiftly and ignore Holtzmann as I walk passed her and head straight to Abby and Patty.

"Oh, okay." I hear Holtzmann say behind me with a little giggle.

I see Patty's eyes grow wider as I get closer and closer to her and Abby. She can obviously tell that something's wrong with me.

"We're glad you're out." Abby says with a smile as she reaches out and touches my hand. And for the first time in a week I genuinely smile. At least someone is happy to see me.

"Yeah, but come on, we wanna get home so we can hear what the baby's going to be." Patty says as she starts to move around in her place. I can tell that they've all been waiting for this announcement.

All of the sudden I feel someone's arm around my shoulders. Of course it's Holtzmann's.

"Yeah, I really can't wait. I've missed you guys a whole lot." She says as she leans in to kiss me on the cheek. But I push her away from me.

"Would you get the fuck off of me?" I ask angrily as I step away from her and take a step closer to Abby and Patty.

"Erin?" Holtzmann says looking at me extremely upset.

"Woah.." I hear Patty say under her breathe to Abby as I narrow my eyes on Holtzmann.

"How dare you Jillian. I actually loved you." I say as I start to get closer and closer to her pointing my finger in her face and pushing my finger into the middle of her chest angrily.

"What do you mean Erin?" She says as I can see the tears start to build up in her eyes.

"WHAT DO I MEAN? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING THAT?" I scream as I throw my hands up in the air, probably making a bigger scene than I should be.

"Erin, cool it." Patty says as she reaches out and touches my shoulder trying to comfort me. But I push it right off and get right in Holtzmann's face.

"NO! YOU LEFT ME ALONE FOR A WEEK HOLTZMANN. I WAS HERE AND YOU WERE OUT WITH EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD TOO BUSY TO COME AND CHEER ME UP. YOU'VE BEEN SEEING ME CHANGE BECAUSE OF THE BABY AND YOU'RE THINKING THAT THIS IS YOUR LAST TIME TO ESCAPE BEFORE YOU GET TIED DOWN TO ME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. OLD AND UGLY ERIN GILBERT. RIGHT? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE THINKING ISN'T IT. SO HOW MANY GIRLS HAVE YOU BEEN WITH IN THE PAST WEEK. I CAN TELL YOU THAT I WASN'T ONE OF THEM!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I'm looking down into her blue eyes.

Her eyes are now flooded with tears and they're falling down her face. She's trying to keep a straight face and trying not to show how badly she just wants to break down. But I can see right through her mask. She knows that she's done wrong. I know that she's guilty.

"I can't believed I ever loved you." I say in conclusion as I turn towards Abby and Patty.

When I see their facial expressions, I know that something's off.

"What?" I ask as I fold my arms and rest them on my belly.

Patty, who looks like she's about to murder me then goes into explaining what happened.

"She was in the hospital too. We told you that she wishes that she could've been with you because of this. We probably told you like 25 times whenever we saw you. But I guess you were too in your own head to actually hear the truth. That's just fucked up." She says shaking her head at me.

I immediately feel bad. I can feel the tears starting to form in my eyes as I turn around and reach for Holtzmann.

She stares at me with her tear flooded baby blue eyes and just a blank look on her face.

"Holtzmann.." I say as I reach out and grab her hand. She immediately yanks it away and puts it into her pocket.

"Don't fucking touch me." She says with so much shakiness in her voice and tears streaming down her cheeks at an alarming rate.

She turns away from me and runs out of sight very quickly.

I turn around to see Patty and Erin staring at me.

I can feel the tears running down my cheeks. Then Patty walks over to me.

"You have no right to cry." She says coldly and then runs after Holtzmann.

I look at Abby as I try to wipe the tears away.

"Come on, let's get you home." She says with a big huff. Even she's mad at me now.

I really screwed up.

No.

I really fucked up..

Badly.