Chapter 10

Erin's POV

4 months later

Im laying in bed thinking about the one mistake that I've made in the past four months that's changing my life forever.

Holzmann and I have been dating for four months now. And they've truly been the best four months of my entire life.

But right from the get go I messed this relationship up.

After I walked Holtzmann back to her room and told her that I was heading downstairs to tell Kevin to leave, but it didn't actually go that way.

I went downstairs and I don't know what came over me. I'm not sure if it was the adrenaline or just pent up feelings, or maybe excitement, but that night Kevin and I, ya know.

And here's the best part of it all.

I just found out that I'm pregnant with his kid.

Now I have to tell my GIRLFRIEND that I've been PREGNANT with a MAN'S child since literal day one of our relationship.

Oh. Something I forgot to mention was that Kevin actually moved away. So he's no longer working for us. He also doesn't know that I'm pregnant but I mean, he really doesn't need to know right?

I honest to god fucking hate myself right now.

I started to suspect something was up when about 2 months ago I started puking every single morning for about a week. I thought it was just some sort of stomach bug so I brushed it off as nothing .But Holzmann would sit with me every morning by the toilet to make sure that I was okay. Probably the sweetest thing ever.

Then, last month I started to notice that I was gaining some weight when I would get changed from the clothes that I sleep in, to the clothes that I wear to work. I also brushed that off as well thinking that it was just from me not working out. I've never really been the athletic type.

But what really made me start to question everything was when I woke up yesterday and started crying. I woke up Holtzmann and I felt so bad because of this. She was asleep so peacefully in her room and she heard me. She ran in and comforted me for about twenty minutes then went back to her room.

I went to the doctors yesterday and that's when I found out about the whole situation.

Not going to lie, I was very disappointed in myself being a scientist and not knowing the signs and all.

And I guess the dumbest part is the fact that I never realized that I hadn't gotten my period in 4 months. Now that's me just being flat out ignorant.

I haven't told a single soul yet. But I have a plan to tonight.

"Ugggghhhh let's go." I say to my stomach as I throw the covers off of my body.

I stand up, just wearing my bra and underwear, and make my way over to my full body mirror and turn to my side. I want to see how noticeable it is.

My stomach isn't that big yet, but from my normal body figure, it is quite noticeable. Especially to my closest friends. Basically meaning the 3 other people whom I live with.

I head to my closet and try some things on to see if they hide my belly enough.

The first couple shirts I put on can clearly show you that something's up.

When I go to the next shirt I see it's the shirt I was wearing when I first met Holtzmann. The world's tinniest bow tie.

I put it on.

It doesn't fit. It now only covers half of my belly leaving the space between my belly button and my pants bare.

"Funny." I say to myself as I let out a little laugh.