Chapter Eleven

Layna's POV

Mikey: this song I'm working on is...

Layna: ???

Mikey: I can't tell you about it

Layna: then y bring it up

Mikey: because I'm Michael Clifford

Layna: I guess that's a good enough reason...

Mikey: HECK YEAH IT IS

Layna: okay then

Mikey: okay serious question

Layna: yeah...

Mikey: I think we should hang out

Layna: dude...

Mikey: what
Mikey: you're my only other friend outside the band that I don't get to hang out with

Layna: how could we even do that
Layna: you don't even know where I'm from

Mikey: I was hoping you would tell me...

Layna: Idk...

Mikey: pls...

Layna: I think we should just wait it out

Mikey: okay...

Layna: I hope your not mad at me

Mikey: I'm upset that we can't meet in person

Layna: we will
Layna: someday

Mikey: sure

Layna: I'm sorry...

Mikey: okay

Layna: how was your day

Mikey: the usual

Layna: what is the usual

Mikey: I'm actually getting pretty tired

Layna: okay
Layna: goodnight

Mikey: goodnight

***

I was not letting the conversation end there. It was clear that he was upset I didn't want to meet him yet. What else was I supposed to do? We only spoke on the phone once. Besides he doesn't even know what I look like. Unless he looked through my Instagram pictures. Usually that would be weird, but I literally have all of his Instagram posts screenshotted.

I think I should call him and let him know that I wasn't trying to hurt his feelings. I still have no clue what I'm going to say, but I do know I'm going to say something.

After I let out my inner fangirl, I decide it's finally time to call. He answered pretty quickly.

"Hello", he said. Then I couldn't think straight again. He just had to answer the phone with his australian accent. "Layna, if you have nothing to say, just save us both some time and hang up", Michael said sternly.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to explain myself about not wanting to meet." My voice was shaky, but I hope he could still understand me.

"I don't there's much to explain. If you don't want to meet, then we won't." I know this so wrong to think about, but his accent sounds amazing when he's mad.

"Yes, there us. I get why you are upset with me. You just want to get to meet your friend/fan for the first time. Plus you want to know where I live and all that good stuff. However, I'm not ready. For most people, it would be a dream come true to meet you in person, but it's different for me. We just met and I think it's going a little too fast for me. We talked on the phone one time and texted all the other times. Face-to-face interaction would be a huge step for me. I think we should talk on the phone more, FaceTime each other a few times, then we could meet in real life. Do you get what I mean now?" Of course I talked too much. I probably bored him to death with that speech. I just wish he would speak up before my mind goes too far. It feels like I've been waiting for a response for forever.

Michael clears his throat and says, " Yeah. I guess I can see where I was pushing it. I'm just excited to meet you. I just had the boys and you as my friends, so I tend to get attached to new people. It's fine though, the whole waiting thing."

"Good. I was really worried about that", I awkwardly laugh. It kinda surprises me when Michael laughs also.

"I can tell. You couldn't even wait until I wake up the next morning. Speaking of which, I'm still pretty tired, so goodnight." Michael yawned after he said all that and was it the most adorable yawn I've ever heard.

I didn't want to accidentally say that out loud so I just said, "Sweet dreams, Mikey", and hung up the phone.

_____________

The long overdue update. Hope you like it. Tell me if you don't.

Vote, comment, and all that good stuff.