Chapter Twelve

Layna's POV

It's late at night and I'm still thinking about that phone call. I was actually speaking to one of idols. He actually answered my phone call and talked to me.

Now that I'm really thinking about it, it doesn't feel like he's "The Michael Clifford". He's just Mikey. I feel so normal when we text. It's almost as if that little mix up was supposed to happen. We became friends at the right moment. Even though he lied about his identity in the beginning, I completely understand.

I really hope that this friendship of ours lasts for a long time. I'm not asking for us to be the close besties or anything more than what we are, just that occasional text message to know that he never forgets about me. I think that would hurt me the most.

I move over and realise that I've been deep in thought for at least 45 minutes. How can I lose track of time that fast? I really need to get of my bed. I have nothing to do today, so I'm just going to stay in bed.

Next thing I know, I'm fast asleep after watch a whole season of Game of Thrones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to my phone going off. I looked at it and seen someone trying to FaceTime. I just let it ring. I can't FaceTime when I just woke up.

It stopped ringing and than I got a text message. I decided to look at it.

Mikey: are you there?

Layna: yeah

Mikey: then y didn't u answer

Layna: becuz I just woke up

Mikey: isn't it like 5:36 where u are

Layna: how would u know

Mikey: you posted a picture with your location

Layna: oh
Layna: it is 5 in the afternoon

Mikey: then y are u just waking up

Layna: I didn't have anything do today so I went back to sleep

Mikey: I wish I could do that...

Layna: it was pretty peaceful
Layna: until my phone woke me up

Mikey: well now that u r awake we should FaceTime

Layna: Mikey, I just woke up and I don't want you to see my ugliness

Mikey: I doubt it

Layna: there is a reason y I didn't answer ur first call

Mikey: I'm sure u don't look that bad

Layna: I do

Mikey: I bet I just as bad

Layna: sure u do

Mikey: I've been at the studio all morning

Layna: I've been in bed all day

Mikey: I'm calling

~~~~~~

Almost immediately, my phone let's me know that Mikey wants to FaceTime. I turn off all the lights and accept.

"Wow, you look better than I thought", his sense of humor threw me off a bit. I ended up doing some weird giggle thing. It was literally so bad, that I just stopped. "Why is it so dark?", he asked.

"Because my face is so ugly that all the lights turned off", I say. I actually managed to say something.

That's when I actually look at my phone. He looks so soft and adorable. He has some stubble, but not much. His hair was an absolute mess, but it suited him. He was just looking into the camera, which seemed like he was looking me in the eye.

"Seriously, I wanna see you. Please turn on the lights Layna.", he said in sore serious tone.

I gave up and turned on that lamp next to me. "There we go. Finally, your face is on display." I laughed along to his sarcasm. "You don't look that bad. You look like a baby kinda".

"A baby? Why a baby?" Is it because I look immature. Why an I so insecure I sure that it is just nothing.

"Because, like, when a baby wakes up, they always...uh...pout. Yeah. That's the word. That's why you look like a baby. Because you are pouting". It was quiet for like 5 minutes. Then, he just started laughing. Like actually laughing. I'm talking the kind of laugh that makes clutch your stomach and bend over. The kind that makes you feel like you are growing a six pack. I tried to keep serious but I ended up laugh with him.

"Okay, so the is our first FaceTime and you already have me crying", I say wiping a tear. I chuckled some more then we were quiet again.

"I know righ-"

"Michael, who are you talking to?", I was a little unsure of who was speaking.

"Nobody. Just go back to your room, Calum." His whole mood changed. He went from giggling to serious real quick.

There was a lot of whispering and shuffling then Michael's face was back on the screen. "Hey, there. Sorry abou-"

"I knew it! You're still talking to that girl", then Calum just grabs the phone and all I hear is swearing and yelling. After a bit of shuffling the was a door shutting. "Hey Layna, remember me."

"Of course I remember you, Calum."

"So you are still talking to Michael?" He raises a brow.

"Yes. Am I not supposed to be?"

"Well...I can't tell you not to. But I can try."

"Why am I not supposed to talk to Michael? We're friends. We have been since we've been texting."

"Yeah, but I'm also his friend. I don't like the idea that some girl can just come out of nowhere and take his focus away from me. We are more like brothers. You are just some mistake that needs to disappear. He should have just ignored the message when you texted 'your mom'. I'm not going to deliver this big speech over again, so just accept that."

"Sounds to me like somebody is just jealous. I'm not making him spend all day and night texting me. He's texted me first multiple times. But if it helps you feel better, I'll stop replying. Just remember when he is upset about me not talking to him, it will be on you to make him feel better." I didn't even bother hearing what he had to say after that. I just hung up and deleted Michael's contact. I didn't even think twice about blocking him also.

I know this not what I should be doing, but Calum is Mikey's bandmate and most importantly, his best friend. If he thinks I'm messing that up, then I can easily back away. Even though I really don't want to...

______________________

I was really done with this chapter 2 months ago. Oh well. Hope you guys like it. I know Calum seems kinda mean in this, but it fictional. I'm sure he's actually a really nice person. This isn't the end, just getting started. Just thought I'd add the drama.

Vote, comment, and all the good stuff.