Our Song

I didn't know he was there or that he was listening. I didn't even know him, he was just there. My troubles were poured into this song and he heard it.

It was a typical Tuesday morning. I went to school early like usual. Mrs. V leaves the door to the music room unlocked so I can go in early and play. My parents have no idea that I love music, they don't really care though. They're never home, and when they are, it's awful and I don't want to be there.

I was just finishing up a song. It's a really good one. I wrote down the final lyrics and started singing it from the beginning.

"My heart was blowing in the hurricanes,
My heart was blowing in your love, in your love
My heart was flying in tornadoes,
My heart was flying in your love, in your love

You see, I tried. Baby, oh, did I try?
The more I get closer to you
The more I know you just won't do
You see, I tried, girl, you know I tried (oh, I tried)

But you're a natural disaster, you're a natural disaster

Oh whoa oh

My mind was frozen in the blizzards,
My mind was frozen in your love, in your love
My mind was burnin' in the (wild fire),
My mind was burnin' in your love, in your love

You see, I tried. Baby, you know I tried
But, girl, I hate myself when you're near
Honey, get up and get out of here
You see, I tried. Darling, did I try? (oh, I tried)

But you're a natural disaster, you're a natural disaster

My body was shaking in your earthquakes,
You had my body quaking (in your love) from your love (oh, in your love)
My life was drowning in tsunamis,
You pulled me under baby (in your love) with your love, (oh, in your love) with your love

I'm telling you I tried. Did I ever try?
But in the end I'm broken and hurt
Now I know it'd never work
You see, I tried. Honey, oh, did I try? (oh I tried)

My soul–it died in Armageddon,
My soul–it died from your love, from your love
You're bringin' these plagues on me,
You brought me to my knees from your love, from your love

You see, I tried. Lord, did I try?
But, girl, you're rainin' hell on my earth,
I pray to heaven if I'm real worth
You see, I tried. Baby, did I try? (oh, I tried)

But you're a natural disaster, you're a natural disaster,
You're a natural disaster, you're a natural disaster
You're a natural disaster..." I looked at my sheet and the piano with a huge smile on my face. The song was so good, I loved it so much.

"That was amazing" someone said startling me. I turned around to see a tall blonde boy standing in the doorway.

"How much did you hear?" I asked

"Not much, why?"

"No one can know about this"

"Why?"

"My friends know I love music and think I play at home, but I can't afford to buy any instruments so Mrs. V lets me come in early so I can play"

"Oh"

"What's your name?"

"I'm Scott"

"I'm Mitch"

"I know. I think everyone in school knows"

"Do you like music?"

"Yeah, I'm in the choir and Mrs. V's music theory class"

"I really want to take that class is it fun"

"Yeah, I'm really enjoying it"

"So, since you know so much about music, do you want to help me with this song?"

"Yeah, I'd love to!"

After working on the song for a while we realized we had to get to homeroom.

"We'd better go to homeroom, we don't want to be late" Scott said grabbing his bag.

"Yeah, of course. Want to do this again tomorrow?"

"Yeah, what time do you get here?"

"Around 6 or 6:30"

"Here's my number, just text me"

"I will"

We worked on Natural Disaster for the next week and were starting to get really close. My weekend was filled with the crazy parties they always are filled with, but I wished Scott was there. I was bored without him, and loved every moment with him. When I was at the parties most songs played reminded me of him, we had talked about most of them anyway. I craved his presence and felt alone. I found myself leaving early to call him. What's happening to me?

Finally Monday came and I couldn't have been more excited to go to school and see Scott. I got ready and made sure I looked really good, sent him a text, and headed to school.

When I got to school he was already in the room. We sat at the piano and started playing. This crush I had on Scott was becoming a big thing. I was so busy staring at him while he sang his part that I completely messed up and  our hands bumped. Instead of making things awkward Scott grabbed my hand and held it. He then jokingly scolded my hand and we both burst into a fit of laughter.

When I got home that day I accidentally slammed my finger in the door. It started to swell and was turning purple. I got some ice and found a way to hold it on my finger while driving to the doctor's office. The doctor said it was broken and put a splint on it for me. He also said it would take 4-6 weeks for it to heal.

I woke up the next morning after a rough night m
and got ready. I was running late finding it harder to get ready with a broken finger. I texted Scott telling him I was running late. When I got to the music room he was already there waiting for me.

"Sorry I'm late" I apologized as I walked in.

"Don't be" I set my coffee down and grabbed my song book from my bag "Oh my god Mitch, what happened?" He asked as he saw my finger.

"It's nothing"

"Really Mitch? It doesn't look like nothing. What happened?"

"I slammed it in a door and broke it last night, by accident"

"Can you still play?"

"I can can try"

We sat at the piano like we always do, I took off the splint to play.

"My heart was blowing in the hurricanes,
My heart was blowing in your love, in your- ow!" I sang

"Mitch are you okay? Do you need anything? What can I do?" Scott asked frantically

"I'm fine" I grabbed my splint with the other hand

"Can I kiss it better?" He asked like a little child

"Sure "

He kissed my finger and started kissing me all up my up and up my chest until he got to my lips. He kissed me and I kissed back. Everything was perfect.

Thanks for reading the chapter!! I hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to vote and comment if you'd like. You can also send me your ideas and I'll write them. Thanks xx