Teacher (Part 2)

Mitch worried when it had been three days since he last saw his favorite teacher. Not wanting to seem too out of line, he emailed his teacher.

Mr. Hoying,

Hi, I've noticed that you are still out of school and was wondering if you were doing better. You've never been out for this long, so I'm just worried. I hope you feel better.

-Mitchell Grassi.

Mitch waited for a while for a reply from Mr. Hoying, but didn't get one. The teacher, however, was unaware of the email as he hadn't gotten out of bed since his student sent him home. He had let his illness take over his body as he refused to move. His close friends were coming and going, checking on the teacher. His friend Kirstie had come to check on him when the phone rang. She decided it would be best if she answered it and if Scott was needed she'd put him on the phone.

"Hello?" She answered

"Hi, this is Mitchell Grassi, I'm calling for Scott Hoying. I'm one of his students"

"Okay, give me one minute" She ran into Scott's room slightly confused "Scott, one of your students is on the phone and he wants to talk to you"

"Who"

"I think he said his name is Mitchell"

"I'll talk to him" Kirstie handed Scott the phone "Mitchell, hi" Scott greeted his student

"Hi sir, how are you feeling"

"A little better, I don't think I'll be in school for the rest of the week. Is everything okay?"

"Yes, I've just missed having you in class"

"Mitchell, really, what's going on"

"Why do you think something's wrong?"

"I gave you my home number for emergencies only and you're using it. Why else would you use it?"

"I emailed you yesterday morning and you didn't respond? I'm actually worried about you, sir, I'm sorry for worrying you"

"Mitchell, you don't need to apologize, I just tend to worry about you. I know how much of a hard time you tend to have with the kids at school. When Kirstie told me it was you on the phone I got worried something happened"

"Something did"

"What!?"

"It's not that big of a deal though"

"Mitchell, I'm not that sick if you want to maybe come over and we can talk about it"

"Are you actually feeling better or just saying that because you care about me too much"

"Is it a problem if I care about you?"

"As much as you do? Kinda! You're my teacher!"

"So, are you coming over or not?"

"I don't think I will. You won't want to see me like this anyway"

"Like what?"

"You don't want to know"

"Mitchell, please come over"

Mitch hung up the phone and got on his bike. He had gone to the teacher's house before when he really needed it.

When Mitch walked into his teacher's small apartment, he made his way into Scott's room where he was laying in bed almost helplessly.

"Mitchell!" He exclaimed weakly

"Hi" Mitch looked down at the floor afraid to show his face

"Mitchell what's wrong"

"They-" he cut himself off with a small sob

"Mitchell, please look at me" He shook his head "I can't do anything if I can't see you" Mitch slowly raised his head, revealing his beaten up face.

"They hurt me, because I'm gay"

"I guess I'll be in school tomorrow"

Hi guys! Sorry it took me so long to get this up, I've been really overwhelmed with all of my school work lately, but I'll be back to updating regularly again. I hope you enjoyed this please comment if you have any request.