Talent Show

The school talent show was coming up, and Mitch couldn't have been more excited, he was performing. He was going to perform "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley. He wanted his boyfriend Scott to be there so he would be able to sing to him. Scott knew how much Mitch wanted him there, and nothing was going to stop him from attending the talent show.

When Scott woke up he knew going into school was a bad idea, but he wasn't going to miss the talent show. No matter how horrible he felt, the stupid cold wasn't going to prevent him from going to Mitch's performance.

Scott got dressed, showered, and ate before getting in his car and driving to Mitch's to pick him up. He sent a text to his adorable boyfriend and unlocked the car waiting for him to run down the driveway.

Mitch ran down his driveway looking as perfect as he usually did with his breakfast in his hand.

"Did you wake up late again?" Scott asked, his voice raspy, as he watched his boyfriend stuff his face

"Yeah, you okay? You don't sound very good" Mitch replied

"I'm fine baby, don't worry about me"

"Scott if you're not feeling well I can get my mom to drive me and you can go home and rest"

"I'm fine, really"

"Promise?"

"I promise"

They drove to school in silence. Mitch was extremely nervous for the talent show and Scott was doing everything he could to ignore how awful he really felt.

By the time of the talent show, Scott was sure he was dying. His throat was killing him, his nose was so stuffed he could barely breathe, and he was pretty sure he had a fever.  He was sitting in the audience doing everything he could to keep from coughing. He didn't want to have a fit in the middle of someone's performance, but it was inevitable. It happened three acts before Mitch was supposed to go. He had to leave and get a drink so he would be able to stay for Mitch's.

When Mitch walked on stage, he locked eyes with Scott before giving a little intro for his performance.

"Hi, I'm Mitch Grassi and I'm a senior." He started "I will be singing for you today. I am going to sing "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley." He took a deep breath before he started singing. "Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand,

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand,

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you

For I can't help falling in love with you"

When Mitch was done Scott clapped profusely, amazed by his boyfriend.

"You did great Mitchy!" Scott exclaimed as he ran over to Mitch after the talent show.

"Thank you" He replied "Scott, you look worse than you did this morning. Are you sure you're okay"

"No, but it's just a cold. It's not that big of a deal"

"You need to take care of yourself baby, I'm going to come over and take care of you"

"You don't have to-"

"I want to. I love you too much to watch you suffer, even if it's 'just a cold'"

I'm back!! Finals are over and I had some time to write!! If you have any requests please comment and let me know, I'd love to write them all! Thank you❤️❤️