I'm In Love With You

He wanted to tell him how much he loved him but he couldn't. Not only was he in love with his best friend, his best friend was dating someone else. He'd hide in his room when Mason was over. It hurt him that Scott didn't notice. Sometimes he felt like Scott didn't care. Sometimes he felt broken. He'd spend days in his room and wouldn't come out and Scott didn't even try to come talk to him.

Mitch didn't feel like getting up. He had been in his room for the past few days and had really stopped caring about his health. He grabbed his laptop and worked in his bed. He was lucky he worked from home. He worked as a writer for the local newspaper. He was writing an article he had to submit by the end of the week. It was one of his favorite ones because he didn't have to go anywhere and could finish it relatively quickly and work on the book he wanted to write.

He heard Scott and Mason in the living room. He turned on his music so he could tune them out and started writing. He was ready to take a break at around noon. He knew he hadn't had anything to eat or drink and decided it would be a good idea. He walked to the kitchen and started to make a sandwich. Scott was sitting with Mason and they were watching a movie. Mitch tried to be quiet so he didn't disturb them. He quickly made his sandwich and then went back into his room and ate as he continued to write. A few hours later there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in" He mumbled. The door opened and Scott walked in. Mitch didn't take his eyes off of the screen and continued to write.

"Are you okay?" Scott randomly asked

"Yeah, why?"

"Well you rarely leave your room and you've been losing weight. Are you eating?"

"I just had a sandwich. I think that counts as eating"

"Have you had anything else today?"

"I wasn't hungry"

"Did you eat yesterday?"

"Uh"

"Or the day before?"

"No..."

"When was the last time you ate?"

"I, uh, I don't remember"

"That's not healthy. Why are you doing that to yourself?"

"I've just been really busy and haven't had time to eat, I guess"

"Mitch, your health should come first. Always."

"I know"

"Now tell me the real reason you haven't been eating normally?"

"I can't"

"Why"

"I will ruin everything if I tell you"

"Please just tell me. I promise I won't hate you"

"Okay. It's because I'm in love with you and it's hard for me to see you with Mason and so I just don't leave my room so I don't have to deal with it"

"Oh"

"Yeah. You don't have to stay in here. I'll be fine on my own"

"Mitch, please eat a little more, you're so thin"

"I'm not hungry Scott"

"How about we have dinner tonight, together, just us. I'll cancel my plans with Mason. You and your health are more important to me"