You're Welcome

Continuation…

*Mielle's PoV*

I feel like my car is violated. Well someone’s driving other than me and Rachelle, of course it’s the beast.

I really have a thing with cars, my cars to be exact, as much as possible ayokong may ibabang sasakay dun bukod sa akin, yeah I’m that kind of selfish, thank you very much.

Nasa expressway na kami and beast is enjoying himself while driving my car! Tsk!

Ang tahimik  namin, so I decided to turn the radio on.

“and I’ve got all that I need right here in the pass—“

“HEY!” reklamo ko.

Patayin daw yung radio?! I turned it on again.

“knowing that she’s inches from me”

And again pinatay nya yung radio, seriously naiinis na ako! Ang ganda kaya nung kanta!

“what the hell is your problem?!” I asked.

He sighed.

“I hate that song” he answered with serious tone.

Natahimik ako. I feel like it’s something related to Arielle.

“It’s a wonderful song, I like it, well that’s before that day” he said.

I’m not asking him! Why is he telling me this?!

“I hate that song because it brings back bittersweet memories” he said.

He sighed.

I don’t know why pero naawa ako sa kanya. The hell!?

“With Arielle?” I asked.

He nodded.

“With Arielle” he said.

Silence…

“I sang that song for her” he said.

“you know, you don’t have to tell me if you’re still hurting because of her” I plainly said.

He glanced at me and gave me a shock expression. What?!

“well wala pa naman akong nasabihan kung ano talaga yung nangyari that day” he said.

Now it’s my turn to look at him. Did he actually keep it all by himself?!

“Why me?” I asked.

Bakit sa akin pa nya naisip na sabihin yung nangyari noon? I don’t really care.

“Because I know you wouldn’t care” he answered.

Nagulat ako sa sagot nya.

“Which is why, I just wanted you to listen even though you wouldn’t care” he said.

Well…

Tumahimik na ako, waiting for him to speak.

“parang ganito din yun, I’m driving and she’s in the passenger seat. I was so damn happy kasi akala ko ako yung napili nya” he said.

He’s not yet over her.

“then that song played on the radio, naisip ko pa na perfect yung song para sa amin. I sang it for her while we’re stuck in the traffic but then minutes after that song, she rejected me and chose your cousin instead” he said then he laugh.

Nakafocus lang sya sa pagda-drive but I can clearly see that he’s still affected. He’s still hurting.

“pupunta sana kami sa tagaytay, dinner under the stars. She always wanted to stare at a starry night, unfortunately, magisa na lang akong nagpunta dun. I ate dinner alone, watched the stars alone and I even watched the fireworks display alone” he said.