Bad Blood

*Mielle's POV*

I woke up alone inside my hospital room, reminds me of what exactly happened almost 13 years ago after my operation. For the first time, finally I was able to see everything but the moment I opened my foreign eyes, all that I could see was the white ceiling of my hospital room. I was expecting to see my parents but they weren't there.

I stood up and stared at the window; amazed by the colors of nature somehow the hollow feeling inside my chest lightens. I laughed at the thought entered my mind back then.

How could emptiness be this heavy?

I waited the whole day but none of my parents came. Later that night, I felt like crying. There's a huge lump in my throat making me hard to breathe, but the thing that surprised me is that no matter how painful it is—the feeling of hollowness inside me, I just can't seem to cry. There were no tears.

*knocks*

"Miss"

I turned around and faced Amanda, who's wearing complete corporate attire and huge black rimed eye-glasses.

"Miss, ayos lang po ba na naglalakad-lakad kayo?" she asked.

I return my gaze at the window and sighed as I see my reflection. I really don't like my hair, it's too short at hindi pa pantay, I noticed my hair color is fading. I really look like a sick patient in this hospital.

"I'm fine. And please, drop the formalities, Amanda" I commanded then I walk towards my bed.

Silence filled the corners of my hospital room and she just stood frozen in front of the doorway. I motioned her to take a seat and was expecting that she will finally speak but she didn't.

I sighed.

"How's the condo?" I asked.

She flinched at nalaglag pa nya yung susi sa sahig. She's so tensed.

"Nabili ko na po" she answered as she fix her eyeglasses.

I nodded.

"That's good, doon ka na titira" I said.

"Po?" she asked.

My brows furrowed. At times like this, ayoko ng tatanga-tanga and for the record I don't like repeating myself.

"You heard me" I plainly said.

Once again, natahimik ang buong lugar. She knows that I'm not in the mood, I really am. From the moment I opened my eyes after that incident.