Chapter 4

Fae :

When I saw the restaurant, I smiled.

“Seriously, McDonalds?”

“Yup, McDonalds” He said, opening the door for me. I walked in and stood in line behind two snobby looking girls and one old man. I looked around the McDonalds and saw that it was filled with old people and really young kids. I felt Declan lean closer to me.

“Don’t you feel a little out of place here?” He whispered. I nodded.

“What do you say we order here and eat on the beach? It’s still warm enough” 

“That’s what I was going to ask you” He replied, and pointed in front of me

“You’re up” I walked to the counter and placed my order.

Declan

I sat on the sand, unwrapped my cheeseburger and took a big bite out of it. Fae looked at me and surprised me by saying.

“You know the creepy McDonalds clown?” I swallowed and cocked my eye brow.

“Yeah. What about him?” She sat down next to me and said

“Doesn’t he scare you?” I almost chocked on my fries. She laughed and patted my back.

“Don’t die!” She said, smiling at me. Finally I answered.

“Nope, he doesn’t scare me. He actually makes me think of Cirque du Soleil.”  She gasped

“You’ve seen Cirque du Soleil?”

“Yup” I said, taking a swig of coca-cola. Her eyes went wide and her mouth dropped open.

“You’re so lucky! There are only two things I want to see in my life” She stopped. I looked at her, urging her on.

“I always wanted to go see Cirque du Soleil… and also Celine Dion’s show, in Las Vegas” This time I chocked for real. My face turned beat red and I felt my throat closing in. Fae frantically patted my back, trying to get whatever was stuck in my throat out, but it didn’t work. Wow, what a way to die… I thought as I gasped for air. Finally Fae lifted me up to my feet, wrapped her arms around my waist and started the Heimlich manoeuvre. You know, the one where someone shoves their hands up your stomach to make you spit out what’s stuck in your throat? Yeah, that one. Finally, the piece of fry went flying into the sand and I took a big breath of fresh salty air. She helped me sit back down and handed me my coca-cola.

“You scared the living daylights out of me!” She yelled, pushing my arm.

“Do you really think I wanted to choke on a piece of fry, like on purpose?” I asked, looking at her sideways. She smirked.