chapter 7

Fae:

I kept thinking about all the little things that had happened between Declan and Celine. The way she had smiled when she had seen us holding hands, the way she had smiled and Declan had winked after I’d kissed him, and most of all, the fact that it seemed stuff kept adding up on what we had won. It had started with a simple meet and greet and a V.I.P pass. Then it turned out to be spending the day with Celine, her giving us clothes, me singing with her, and now Rene who wanted to meet us.

Strange, isn’t it?

“The shows over Fae. Are you okay?” Declan asked as he shook my shoulder.

“What? Oh, yes, I’m fine” I said as I stood up.

---

“There they are! Rene, this is Fae” Celine said, nodding in my direction. What about Declan? I thought.

“And who’s this?” Rene said, pointing towards Declan.

“This is Declan” Celine said, smiling at him.

“It’s very nice to meet you” Rene said, shaking both our hands.

“My pleasure entirely Sir.” He nodded and shook Declan’s hand.

“You must be the girl with the big voice Celine was telling me about” Rene said as he turned towards me. I grinned and felt my cheeks burn. I was probably tomato red by now.

“Guilty as charged” I said. I felt my hands start to shake when Celine handed me a microphone. I felt Declan’s hand slipping into mine and squeezing it. I squeezed it back and looked at him with a mix of excitement and fear in my eyes.

“Would you mind singing for us?” Celine asked handing me the microphone. I took it from her hands and looked at Declan, who just smirked at me and pointed towards the now empty stage with his chin. I turned around and was about to start walking towards the stage when he pulled on my hand and kissed me on the cheek.

“Blow them away” He whispered in my ear. I smiled.

“Oh, don’t worry, that was my intentions” I said, kissing his cheek and running towards the stage.

“We’re ready when you are” Rene said.

“I was born ready” I said, which made Celine and Declan laugh and Rene nod in approval with a smile tugging at his lips. The music started and I sang. I danced and laughed during the musical break. I had so much fun on stage that I didn’t even realise everyone was gapping at me until the music stopped and I looked towards my own mini crowd. I jumped off the stage and walked straight towards Declan. I took his hand and handed Celine the microphone. 

I looked at Declan and smiled wildly. He winked at me and started clapping. Soon, everyone joined in. it was astounding.

“That was amazing!” Celine said, grinning at me. “Wasn’t she just amazing Rene?” He nodded.

“Yes you where very good Fae.” He said. He looked at his watch and took Celine’s hand in his. “I’m sorry to say that we have to leave. I… ” He looked at Celine “Well, we hope to see you again.” I smiled.

“I really hope so too. Goodnight” I said. Rene and Celine left and Declan and I just stood there for a couple of minutes.

“Now I’m sure to remember our first date!” I said as I took Declan’s hand in mine. I laughed.

“Well, I sure hope you don’t forget our first date!” He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to his chest. I smiled and inhaled his sent. Just then we heard a clicking sound, like a camera. I lifted my head and saw that I had been right, they where cameras. I looked at Declan for an explanation but he just shook his head, swore and started to walk as fast as he could to get to the doors. I smiled at them before closing the door behind me and climbing in the car beside Declan.