Chapter 6

Fae:

We got to the ceasar’s palace at 12:30. The show would start at 6:00, and I would meet Celine after the show. I had butterflies in my stomach. I was going to meet my life long idol, with a guy that I was starting to like… but how much?

“So, I have a surprise for you” Declan said, pulling me out of my reverie. I looked at him, feeling my eyes widen once again today.

“What more can you give me?” I said. He smirked, pointing towards the door, where I realized, people were starting to buzz around, whispering. The crowd parted and that’s when I saw her. Her brown hair was up in a messy ponytail, she wasn’t wearing makeup and she was wearing a T-shirt and a pair of jeans. It was Celine Dion.

“Oh my God” I whispered. She walked up directly to me and smiled, shaking my hand.

“Hi Fae. How are you?” I gasped, nodding. I slapped myself inwardly. She turned towards Declan and shook his hand as well. “Hello, Declan” She smiled at him and sat down at our table. She picked up the menu and started looking through it. I sat back down, followed by Declan. He took my hand in his, and I squeezed it. He was the only thing keeping me from going crazy Celine Dion fan on her.

Finally, after a couple minutes of silence, Celine spoke.

“So, I know you probably think you won the front row tickets and the backstage pass, but that’s not all.” She said, looking from me to Declan and to me again. When she saw I wasn’t going to say anything she added.

“You guys are spending the day with me. Which means that you will get to see the sound check, and maybe, if you’d like, sing with me” My eyes widened. I had always secretly wished that I would have been able to sing with Celine before I died.

“What do you think about that?” She asked.

“Yeah! I mean, yes, that sounds like fun” I said, trying to keep a hold on my emotions. She just laughed and took my hand in hers.

“Here, come with me. We can eat in the car.” I stood up, not asking any questions and she winked.

“I’m sorry to rush you, it’s just that I’m going to be late for the sound check if we don’t leave now” I nodded my understanding.

“I understand” I held on the Declan’s hand while Celine gently pulled me towards the double doors of the restaurant.  

---

I was standing in the middle of the stage with Declan, watching as Celine practiced for tonight’s show. She finished signing her song and came to join us.

“So, what did you think?” She asked. I shook my head, but in a positive way, if that’s possible.

“It was amazing!” I answered.

“So, did you think about my offer to sing a song with me?” I felt myself blush and looked down at my toes. I nodded.

“Yes” I said. I felt her fingers lifting my chin up and, as I looked at her, saw she was smiling at me, handing me a microphone.

“Come one, it’s just for fun” I nodded and took the microphone from her hands.

“Ok, but just… Promise you won’t laugh” I said, a smile creeping to my face.

“I promise.” She said. “What song would you like to sing?” She asked. I hesitated and finally made my choice.

“Um, I really like the song All by Myself” I saw her hesitate.

“Are you sure?” I laughed.

“Yes, I’m sure” I replied. She hesitated again but then she turned around and told the musicians to start the music for all by myself. I started singing, closing my eyes and imagined the stadium full of people looking down at me. When I opened my eyes, I saw Celine looking at me with a big smile on her face. When I looked at Declan, he had his hand over his mouth and was staring at me with a look of wonder in his eyes. When I finished the song nobody clapped at first, all just starring at me. I smiled and handed Celine the microphone. She started clapping, soon followed by Declan and the musicians. Celine came to me and hugged me.