Chapter 5

Declan:

“Tara wants me to be home for 5:30” Fae said and I nodded.

“Well I can walk you home.” I said and she smiled

“I’d like that” She leaned on my arm. When we got to her place, instead of stopping on the steps that led to the door, she pulled on my hand and led me up the stairs.

“What are you doing?” I asked, holding back a little. She laughed.

“Well, I want Tara to know who you are if you’re kidnapping me for the whole day tomorrow!” I laughed and let her pull me inside.

“Hey! Tara, I’m back! And Declan is here too!” She called as we entered to front door. She let go of my arm and I smoothed down my shirt. I saw a ladies head poke out of a room at the end of the hall. She smiled when she saw me.

“Hello Declan. I’m happy to meet you.” She said, walking up to me and hugging me.

“It’s very nice to meet you too Ma’am” She motioned towards the kitchen and said

“If you want to eat here, that’s fine with me” I smiled but shook my head.

“As much as I’d want to stay, I told my mother I would be home by 6:00” She nodded her comprehension.

“Okay. Well I will see you tomorrow before you bring Fae to the concert, right?” I nodded, surprised that she knew that.

“I texted her when you went to the washroom” Fae said, laughing at my expression. I nodded. Of course

“Well, it was really nice meeting you. And I will see you tomorrow” I said, before hugging Fae and shaking Misses Fitch’s hand. I opened the door and called Good night over my shoulder before closing it.

---

When I got home R-C, Eddy and Nelson where already in bed, Dad was snoring loudly on the couch with the TV turned on and mom was nowhere to be seen. I kicked my shoes off and shuffled upstairs. I poked my head in R-C’s room. He was all tangled up in his blanket and his pillow was crumpled on the floor. I walked in, not making a noise, and slowly put the pillow back under his head. I then kissed his forehead and walked out, silently closing the door behind me. When I got to the twins room, I looked in and, not to my surprise, saw that they where both in Nelson’s bed. I smiled and lifted Eddy up in my hands, putting him in his own bed. I then re-tucked them in and kissed them on the forehead. When I closed the door behind me, I turned around and saw mom standing behind me, a smile on her face.

“What?” I said, feeling my ears grow warm. “I was just saying good night”

“I know.” She said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder “I just find it adorable how you take care of your brothers.” I grinned, following my mom in the kitchen.