chapter 8

So, first I want to say sorry for taking so long to upload! :/.... I've been busy with school, volley-ball and with a a special boy ;) 

I hope you'll enhoy this next part :)

***************************************************************************************************************

Fae:

I was trying to fall asleep, but I just couldn’t stop thinking about Declan. He was so handsome and nice and funny and… Handsome! I just could not wrap my head around the fact that we had grown so close to each other in only a matter of days! How could that even be possible? I mean, doesn’t it always take at least a couple of years before two people are so close to each other? Maybe we were just special, like two people that are meant for each other? That’s cheesy isn’t it? But it could be true; after all, we were the living proof, right?

The only thing I didn’t understand was why Declan and Celine seemed like they knew each other. It was probably nothing; I was surely still under chock after the dream day I had just spent. I closed my eyes and sighed happily. Clearly, this summer would be the best one of my entire life.

---

I woke up at 8:00 the next morning and dragged myself to the washroom. I turned on the water in the shower and stood under the warm spray for a couple of minutes, just enjoying the trickle of water on my face. When I got out, I put on my yellow bikini under a pair of jean short-shorts and a pink tank-top. I tied my hair up in a loose ponytail and applied a thin layer of lipstick.

“Fae?” Tara asked from up the stairs. I walked down the hallway to my room and picked up my IPod.

“Yes?” I answered as I jogged up the stairs.

“Kristen and Janie are here” She said, and sure enough, when I turned the corner and walked into the kitchen there they were, sitting at the table with an apple juice in front of them. I smiled at Tara

“Thank you” I said and she laughed, nodding her Thanks.

“What are you girls doing here so early?” I said, tilting my head curiously at them. They shrugged. I raised my eye brow at them and went to sit with them at the table.

“Where were you yesterday? We tried calling you all afternoon, but you wouldn’t answer your phone.” I caught my breath when I realised I hadn’t told them anything about my plans with Declan.

“Oh, my God! I am so sorry girls! I completely forgot to tell you what I had planned with Declan for yesterday! I-“ I was about to add something when Kristen cut me mid-sentence.

“Nate is at the hospital, in critical conditions. He’s been asking for you.” My breath caught in my throat. What had happened to him? Why was he at the hospital? And why was he asking for me ? So many questions were running through my head.

“What hospital?” I said, standing up and heading straight for the door.

“Fae, wait! I’ll drive you there.” I turned around and saw Tara standing by the table, her keys dangling in her hands. By the look of chock on her face, I could tell that she had learned the news at the same time as I had. She walked up to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

“We should take the car, it’ll be faster. Kristen and Janie can come too”  

---

“What happened to him?” I said as I turned around in my seat to look at my two friends. They looked at each other before answering.

“He jumped off the pier into the water.” Janie said. “But the water was more shallow then he thought and he bashed his head on a rock. He’s lucky he even survived…” My mouth dropped open.